Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrome or Stock Black
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
well the picture is a bit explanitory, but if you still dont get it... im talking about the black grille above the engine dead horse.gif . im thinking of buying a chrome grille and am wondering if its worth my pretty penny owned.gif ? the 2 small pieces are not included so i would have to chrome them.

what do U think? confused24.gif

also, the second pic is the piece that im thinking about buying.

thanks---kenny

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
McMark
I don't care for the look. My vote is for stock.
Lou W
Schwarz (black) smile.gif
So.Cal.914
With the chrome you allready have on the car and the light color it might look alright . My .02
IronHillRestorations
ZZZZKKK (buzzer sound) "I'll take stock for $500 Alex"

For me, chrome anywhere else but the brite work trim and bumpers is out of place on a Porsche. The black accent areas on a 914 brings out the color of the car.
lotus_65
flat (matte) black.
STL914
On a black, dark blue or dark green car the chrome grill would look good because of the contrast. But on a light color car such as yours stick with the black grill. It would look much better, in my opinion.
type4org
Keep it black. The other chrome/anodized aluminum pieces on the car help accentuate the lines - the grill would probably stick out as being just a slab of chrome color and look odd. Especially on a light-colored car such as yours, as Gary mentioned already.
SGB
I think that grill in the pic shows bare steel, not chrome anyway. You can see where the letters were....
Chris Pincetich
Black is the best! dry.gif
beerchug.gif
Robert21
confused24.gif Get one of each , i have a black one and chrome one.
they both look good. its do what you want. life to short
to not get what you want.

Robert
Series9
Joe Sharp has chrome on his dark blue car and I think it looks nice.

On orange? I'm not so sure.
Series9
Black and orange go together like......

McMark
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 5 2006, 11:14 AM) *

Joe Sharp has chrome on his dark blue car and I think it looks nice.

On orange? I'm not so sure.

I KNEW I had seen it somewhere. I couldn't remember for the life of me. Joe's car does look nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.