Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hmmm.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Well, I meant to post a poll, but yea or nay?

Click to view attachment
Twystd1
I thunk it needs some Shizandra...

T
TROJANMAN
delete and repost as a poll
but do it before you forget
Aaron Cox
Nae....
Lou W
Nay, unless it's one of these;
Howard
I hear ya, Lou. But 85 and later were galvanized and had that sweet sounding V6, sunroof and A/C. I'm betting this is another '914' waiting to be discovered.

It's just so friggin Italian wub.gif
Click to view attachment

Transaxle with inboard brakes.
Click to view attachment
TROJANMAN
http://www.alfagtv6.com/
highways
Yea! reminds me of my days in Roma. Ahh Roma.........
KaptKaos
Even the galvanized ones rust. I think you are right that the gtv6 is a lot like the 914. Under appreciated. Look for a callaway one or one of the special packages like Balocco or Maratona (or something like that). At worst, you can drop in a 3.0 from the Milano (75) Verde.

If you get it, you have to let me drive. :-D
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 4 2006, 10:10 PM) *

Even the galvanized ones rust. I think you are right that the gtv6 is a lot like the 914. Under appreciated.

yep, sloppy shifting and all
KaptKaos
And $4k is to much for it even if it only has less thank 80k miles on it ;-)
Howard
Garcias, boys. Found that website and read some of the stuff. Will look at it Sunday in Sta Barb (friend of Z's). Joe, you going to jsharp.gif Saturday? How about you, Greg? Visit the folks?
gopack
YEA. I always liked that car.... sleek and italian!
Jeroen
italian crap!
Brew
Buddy of mine has one, loves it! And yes, he had a 914 in the past. I say yes, if only for a short stint of ownership.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 5 2006, 12:03 AM) *

Garcias, boys. Found that website and read some of the stuff. Will look at it Sunday in Sta Barb (friend of Z's). Joe, you going to jsharp.gif Saturday? How about you, Greg? Visit the folks?

I hope to, but its not looking too good right now. Got a very busy moring with school stuff and soccer stuff, so we are playing it by ear. I might have to bring a co-pilot wub.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
I sold new and used Alfas from 1978 through 1985. As almost-new cars, they were sort of problematic. Syncros, sloppy shifting, electrical gremlins, inefficient a/c, FI headaches and thin factory parts and service support all conspired to have the dealer principals give up on the franchise, and put Mazda in to replace them.

The early Alfetta sedans, before they got big, heavy bumpers and lots of weight increasing accessories, were my favorite.

When we'd have dual PCA/Alfa club autocross events, my 1.7 would always beat any stock Alfa, even the newer V-6 Velocees.

I think I'd pass on it unless you really have a fondness for the marque. I'm sure there are Alfistas out there who don't understand our affection for our beloved 914s either.
rick 918-S
When I first saw it, I thought it was one of these! icon8.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 4 2006, 11:03 PM) *

Joe, you going to jsharp.gif Saturday? How about you, Greg? Visit the folks?

Thought about it, but probably not. Mom is trying to tempt me too. She called and had 2 xtra tix to the game. But the game is saturday, so i probably would've missed it anyway. sad.gif Still thinking about the swap meet, but i think the monster in law is in town for Halloween, so that is looking doubtful.

FWIW, if i had as much money and time as you, I'd buy one smile.gif
drewvw

I agree with Lou...the older ones rock but I was never a fan of the 80s version. If you can get it cheap though probably would be fun.

saw a mint GT6 on the way to work today, got me thinkin idea.gif
BMartin914
Saw the same one tracked twice. Two different tracks. The body roll was obscene. ohmy.gif
Howard
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 5 2006, 07:32 AM) *

I sold new and used Alfas from 1978 through 1985. As almost-new cars, they were sort of problematic. Syncros, sloppy shifting, electrical gremlins, inefficient a/c, FI headaches and thin factory parts and service support all conspired to have the dealer principals give up on the franchise, and put Mazda in to replace them.

The early Alfetta sedans, before they got big, heavy bumpers and lots of weight increasing accessories, were my favorite.

When we'd have dual PCA/Alfa club autocross events, my 1.7 would always beat any stock Alfa, even the newer V-6 Velocees.

I think I'd pass on it unless you really have a fondness for the marque. I'm sure there are Alfistas out there who don't understand our affection for our beloved 914s either.

Good stuff. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.