Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tittie bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So.Cal.914
Roll bars...roll bars. What was I thinking of.Click to view attachment

Show a pic of your roll bar and who you got it from. Spirited driving and future

AX. Thanks..
Joe Ricard
Been having motivation problems with my roll bar idea.
1st can't find a local guy to build wha "I" want.
2nd can't get my shit together to measure up what I need do a drawing and get it to the guy here to build me one.
3rd do I really want to add 65 pounds to the car for Autocross?

However it would give me a piece of mind screaming down thru turn one @ 105 MPH

I only opened this is hopes of finding my favorite place Located in Guam
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Oct 5 2006, 09:31 AM) *

Been having motivation problems with my roll bar idea.
1st can't find a local guy to build wha "I" want.
2nd can't get my shit together to measure up what I need do a drawing and get it to the guy here to build me one.
3rd do I really want to add 65 pounds to the car for Autocross?

However it would give me a piece of mind screaming down thru turn one @ 105 MPH

I only opened this is hopes of finding my favorite place Located in Guam

You should see Martin Baker's new to him original six. It has the nicest install I have EVER seen...

mihai914
Autopower Roll Bar, it attaches to the longs and the seat belt pivot points. The cross bar attaches to the floor. I have yet to finish installing it, I was lucky enough to find it locally for $100 used of course.
Aaron Cox
anyone use the one withthe double petty bars that picks up the hump inthe firewall?
Jeroen
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 5 2006, 07:22 PM) *

anyone use the one withthe double petty bars that picks up the hump inthe firewall?

that's the one from Safety Devices
Lou W
The Pink Lady in Cathedral City. biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 5 2006, 11:17 AM) *

The Pink Lady in Cathedral City. biggrin.gif

Ah know it well, but I don't know how that's going to help with saftey especially

if my old lady finds out. biggrin.gif
DEC
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 5 2006, 09:22 AM) *

This one??
The angle is not the same like the original "GT" bar

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
yup... i like those....
tat2dphreak
The Lodge is great... but the girls at the Million Dollar Salloon work harda fo the dolla
turboman808
Lunch at the tittie bar can get pretty expensive.
JPB
Made one this summer and looks sweet. Right now, its a four pointer but has the option of tying to the rear hump between the seats. I might also attach it to the rear shock towers and the front wheel wells. It was installed permanently welded into place. It also attaches to the seat belt bolts as most do. I was thinking of making a diagonal brace from driver's side top to passenger's side bottom which can be bolted on for racing and then removed for pleasure. This is the only pic I could find since she is still in the paint shop.

Ahhngaaaaaa, duct tape on for tight fitment while welding and all latches and trunk cable pull work. You have to open the doors to let the windows down though. See the front top bar clearence for forehead pad fitment.

beer.gif Looks so nice painted but makes me feel a little safer and claustrophobic. The car is must stiffer also.
Aaron Cox
no rear bar tie-ing in side to side?

and why are all your damn pics soo small? chairfall.gif
JPB
Yup yup yup. She ties in top and at the seat belt bolts; thats just a shot of the bar in progress. If I get racing seats, it will also attach to the rear hump both directions thus making it a six pointer but for now I wanna use my stock interior. I have seen corner tube gussets which would also stiffen it up.

beer.gif Its so easy to make it an over kill and I just wanted it to be symple.LOL

As for pics, should I go 500X500 from now on? I'm at 300X265.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 5 2006, 04:03 PM) *

Lunch at the tittie bar can get pretty expensive.

yea, it MIGHT cost you 1/2 of everything if your wife finds out!
So.Cal.914
I forgot to mention I do want to retain use of the top. Thanks
Aaron Cox
autopower etc all allow use of the top... smile.gif
drew365
Here's one that's been crash tested, then we went to the tittie bar.

Mueller
I only drove the car a few times before selling it, but the cage made a huge differance MDB2.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

So.Cal.914
Thanks for the info.
mikelsr
Here is one with the top off. It is not a real good angle but it shows the top of the bar. I also have a petty bar (not currently installed).

IPB Image
JPB
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 5 2006, 10:54 PM) *

I only drove the car a few times before selling it, but the cage made a huge differance MDB2.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

Them tube gussets I was talking about are so well done on this stiffy ride.

beer.gif Nice tubes bro!

Another thing is you can also use the bars on the top for a bikini/bimini top if ya wanna go semy topless.
Aaron Cox
most cages chrome-moly?

what size tubing?
1 1/2", 1 5/8"

wall thickness?
.065? .090?
JPB
In all honesty though, I saw this hot 914 3.6 on ebay that everyone talked about and it caught my eye. It had the four point bar and all the padding was covered in black vinyl. It looked so sharp and thats what made me go for it. Then I talked myself into it due to safety reasons and the excesive speeds I may be motoring in in the future. Once installed, it was a completely different car and I kinda wished it would have been as open as before. I'm not certain if anyone else would like to be in the car with me after the full intallation? I never liked the center console just for that reason and now, it is way tight.

beer.gif AAHH crap, if she don't like it, she is to old!!!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 6 2006, 03:27 PM) *

In all honesty though, I saw this hot 914 3.6 on ebay that everyone talked about and it caught my eye. It had the four point bar and all the padding was covered in black vinyl. It looked so sharp and thats what made me go for it. Then I talked myself into it due to safety reasons and the excesive speeds I may be motoring in in the future. Once installed, it was a completely different car and I kinda wished it would have been as open as before. I'm not certain if anyone else would like to be in the car with me after the full intallation? I never liked the center console just for that reason and now, it is way tight.

beer.gif AAHH crap, if she don't like it, she is to old!!!

I know what you mean but I am such a whore when it comes to driving, "I needs

the speeds", I play whenever possable especially on mountian roads. Luck has

been on my side so far in the canyons. No pickups on the wrong side of the road.

And all I need in her is a seat and room to steer. I just want to survive someone

elses fuch up, or a mishap at the track. Thanks.
Chris Pincetich
I've always admired the cage like the one in Meuller's old car. I think a guy in the San Jose area made it...Sumno or "914 1.8 T"...I'm really bad with names. He posted in the classifieds several months back that he would build custom spec 914 cages for us. I am super interested because of the reasons you (Paul) stated. I think those corner braces and the triangle protecting the driver from side impact is really nice and not something the mass produced cages usually have. For now, new suspension stuff, for 2007 hopefully a cage and a set of dedicated AX wheels and tires! I'll keep dreamin. beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 6 2006, 03:21 PM) *

most cages chrome-moly?

what size tubing?
1 1/2", 1 5/8"

wall thickness?
.065? .090?

mine is/was DOM...1.5 x .095, Andy's cage is DOM 1.5 x .120 I think due to his car being heavier (with the planned 3.6)..it was made at TC Design by Tony in Milpitas.

CM is a PITA and cost more so most people opt not to use it.....

JPB,

Can you post another picture of your cage...it looks horribly wrong from that angle, like as in what does your hoop look like behind the seats???
dekman
Another one....custom halo cage thru dash, welded in(base, front, rear, windshield)...no flex. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
more pics rob....

knee bar hidden in the dash?
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(dekman @ Oct 6 2006, 05:47 PM) *

Another one....custom halo cage thru dash, welded in(base, front, rear, windshield)...no flex. biggrin.gif

Oh that's Tit's...
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 5 2006, 07:54 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

And I really like this design, looks really sturdy. Did you make this?
Aaron Cox
thats a TCdesign.com cage...\

anyway.. 2 caged cars at the Joe SHarp BBQ extravaganza....
clayton and i had come up with an A pillar gusset idea... and then we see that elliots car has it.... so much for new ideas LOLOL

anyway.... here da pics
Aaron Cox
mo
Aaron Cox
mo
So.Cal.914
Thanks Aaron, some real brain food there. Time to start drawing. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
i have a modified ellyut cage in my head....

maybe we can get a 2 for 1 at the bend shop
lol
JPB
JPB,

Can you post another picture of your cage...it looks horribly wrong from that angle, like as in what does your hoop look like behind the seats???
[/quote]

Ya, the hoop behind the seat is odd because it was made differently than other bars. The left and right side door pieces are one piece deals tied together with three cross bars top front, top rear and at the bottom dash. The top rear cross bar attaches at the bend in question and arches from left to right in front of the stock rolebar and welded solidly. Sorry I can't get any pics since the car is all taped up at the paint shop but I will post some when she comes out for visual inspection. This setup will probably come out and I will make something a little more structuraly stiff for the lower frame happy11.gif if I get serious about speed and use chromoly instead of seamless carbon steel and weldels.

beer.gif I love the front bent tube at the top of these hot frames. I wish these pics were posted like three months ago.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2006, 08:36 PM) *

i have a modified ellyut cage in my head....

maybe we can get a 2 for 1 at the bend shop
lol

When I find one I'll let you know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.