Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN Plate at Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
In pulling my windshield I noticed my VIN was missing - only a plain anle bracket on with 2 rivets which I removed.
I have the title and the id plate off the door jamb so I know it's legal but I hear horror stories on this windshield tag about having to go through the dealer and pay big bucks for a new one.
Anyone do this?
gms
QUOTE(tyler @ Oct 5 2006, 12:58 PM) *

In pulling my windshield I noticed my VIN was missing - only a plain anle bracket on with 2 rivets which I removed.
I have the title and the id plate off the door jamb so I know it's legal but I hear horror stories on this windshield tag about having to go through the dealer and pay big bucks for a new one.
Anyone do this?

2 of the 914-6s that I have owned are/were euro models which have no windshield or door latch area vins...tell them it is a model from europe
GWN7
A car I owned for a short while had no window vin plate. It did have a province issued vin sticker in the door jam along with the factory vin sticker.....numbers didn't match.

I called the DVM and asked what was up. They said the windshield hoop might have been replaced at one time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.