Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: three questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Question 1: I know that this was posted recently, but I can't find the thread. Does anyone know who makes/where to get the VENTED 4 lug rotors? Do they come with the spacers for the calipers? Are there any other things you need to make them work?

Question 2: What do you semi-roadracer guys use for seats. I want to get some sport seats with a little more side bolstering than stock (that's not hard), and I want to run 5 point harnesses. However, I don't want a full on race seat because they are prettymuch sized for specific drivers, and there will be multipule drivers of my car. I found a set that look decent, but they look too wide for the 914 (23 inches at the seat). Is that too wide? Does anybody have any other recommendations?

Question 3: Does anybody know of any wheels that fit the 4 lug pattern that are 7 inches or wider? I mean, I know there are ricer wheels out there that fit the bill (I like the Kosei K1Ss), but I don't know if they will have the correct back-spacing. Anyone know what the stock backspacing is for the 4 lug cars?

Take a shot at any or all.
Mark D.
Pnambic
Regarding Q3:
I could be way off cuz I really haven't given it much thought yet, but aren't the teener's lug pattern 4x130mm? Are the Kosei's available in the 4x130mm?

I kinda like those K1's.
r_towle
I will answer, but I urge you to use the Search feature at the top right of the screen, these questions have been around the block a few times.

The vented rotors are not needed, and to a certain extent dangerous because the heat creates stress fractures.

If you would like to do it right, Mueller and Brad Roberts here on the board have a special hub that will let you use the 911 vented rotors.
That can be purchased in the resource section of the web site.

Seats, well, koenig is the correct racing seat for this car.
GT classics also has seats
Renegade hybrids also has seats

Wheels.
The widest stock is like 5.5 or 6
You can buy centerline wheels and I think one other.
OZ racing wheels can be made any size and back spacing you want.
There was a company from the UK that had some 7 inch wheels, but I heard they no longer ship to the US market.
Also try panasport wheels.
All of these names are on google.

Rich
jdogg
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 5 2006, 08:31 PM) *

If you would like to do it right, Mueller and Brad Roberts here on the board have a special hub that will let you use the 911 vented rotors.
That can be purchased in the resource section of the web site.

Rich

This kits utilizes SC rotors and a set of "M" calipers. Very simple conversion...install bearing races in the hubs, pack new bearings, bolt on SC rotors, install hub/rotor assembly, install calipers & pads, bleed brakes and off you go. I did run into trouble with two items...my old dust caps were a very loose fit, which was easily remedied with a center punch and some dimples around its circumference, and the factory lug bolts bottomed out before even attempting to tighten down on the wheel. I am converting to screw-in studs to rectify this....

Rich- Are you saying the vented 911 SC rotors are a dangerous upgrade? Are they more subsceptible to stress cracks than our ancient solid rotors???
r_towle
Im saying that any vented or cross drilled rotors that are stock 4 lugs are bad...

SC rotors are fine.

Rich
jdogg
Regarding wheels.....Panasports come in 15x7 (4x130) and will fit a narrow body car, as well as Revolution. They fit a 205-50 Hoosier (equivalent to a 225-50 anything else) with only minor massaging of the rear fenders (assuming you have some rear camber dialed in). I've heard varying reports about Revolution on whether they are making wheels for our cars any more or not...I know they were also offered in 17x7, and perhaps 17x8? Keizer is a great lightweight racing wheel, and you also might want to check into Centerline. I don't think Kosei makes anything for us.
BMXerror
Thanks for the info. I didn't even know about the recourses section! chairfall.gif After a few minutes of looking, there's some kick ass stuff in there. Also, I thought the 914 was a 4-100 bolt pattern. Guess I was wrong, eh. Wow, I'm really looking like tard on this thread, huh. I think I'll go now. Thanks again for putting me on the right track. Long live the club!
Mark D.
Eric_Shea
Mark,

We can handle the vented rears as well... it would require modifying a 911 rear rotor. Not a biggy. Click on V-Calipers in the sig.

4x130 for sure.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.