Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modifying std valances & rockers for GT arches ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amallagh
Hi there,
I'm new to this 914 game but I'm jumping straight in at the deep end and making a 914-6 conversion with GT aches. My car has excellent steel front and rear valances and rockers.
Seems a shame (and expensive) to take these off and replace with fibreglass.

Has anyone got any expereinece of modifying std front & rear valances to suit GT arches and how did you do it ? Rockers look more difficult but is it possible ?
Not looking for a concours match but likelwise not wanting to have gaps you could drive a bus through !
Series9
Here's how I did my rockers:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...l=flare+rockers
So.Cal.914
Yes it would be possable. Contact a sheetmetal fab shop and show them a pic of what you want. I saw a thread that showed the rockers done in metal. But you
could save some weight going with FG pieces.
East coaster
I flared my old style stock rear valence to match my GT flares. With the quality (or lack of!) in the fiberglass components for our cars I think modifying the stock parts is a good way to go. I wish I had made my own rockers, but I "fixed" a set of fiberglass rockers instead.

Click to view attachment
amallagh
QUOTE(East coaster @ Oct 6 2006, 02:26 AM) *

I flared my old style stock rear valence to match my GT flares. With the quality (or lack of!) in the fiberglass components for our cars I think modifying the stock parts is a good way to go. I wish I had made my own rockers, but I "fixed" a set of fiberglass rockers instead.

Click to view attachment

Hi ,
thanks for the reply.
Looks like a nice job you made of this, but can you explain how you did it ?
Regards
Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.