Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts to reinstate heating on 914-6 conversion ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amallagh
My 914-6 conversion had any remnants of its heater system removed from the engine bay during the 6 cylinder conversion. I want to reinstate the system but can't find a parts diagram that shows all the parts I would need to find.
Clearly I need some heat exchangers but that is the simple bit.
Question is what parts do I need to match up with the 6 engine heat exchanges ?
Any pictures would be really helpful
Thanks
Andrew
ClayPerrine
The heat exchangers are NOT the simple bits...

If you find a set, they go for about 1500.00 US apiece these days, and that is in functional but rough shape.

Here's mine.. I got lucky to find them.

Click to view attachment

Here's picts of the right and left front portions of the heat exchangers...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The heater system is much simpler than the 4 cylinder version.

Just attach the flapper boxes directly to the heat exchangers (you can use the 4 cylinder ones) and hook the hoses up from the fan to the other side.

The cable from the lever to the flappers is NLA,but you can make one by buying some bulk solid cable from the hardware store.

Good luck finding a set of Heat Exchangers!!!

BTW..Mine didn't look like this when I bought them. They were much rougher.
GeorgeRud
I'm doing the same project right now on my conversion. The air comes from the engine tin (just above the chain housings) through 2 3/8 ducts, passes through holes in the side tin to the exchangers under the engine. The output simply goes through the control boxes (mounted directly to the heat exchanger itself) to another set of flexible hoses to the body.

Really a simple and effective design.

Now, if we could only convince SSI to make the exchangers out of stainless!
Krieger
Hey if you check out ebay now there is a brand new old stock set availlable...for the right price of course barf.gif
iamchappy
MikeZ just posted some in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.