Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harness Bar for a 1970 Mod.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeti
Hello,
just have a short question. Will a harness bar like this

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...;hl=Harness+bar

fit in a 914 with fixed passenger side?
Thanks and have a good time.
Yeti
Joe Bob
Fit? Yes.....but the backpad will need some mods.
yeti
Hello,
are some picture available? Do I have to cut the passenger "headrest"
Thanks
Aaron Cox
PM joe sharp...

he has a custom harnes bar that goes overthe non movable headrest
Brad Roberts
Please read your competition seat belt install booklet. You will find that they DO NOT want you to mount/run your shoulder straps ABOVE your shoulders. They are not designed to mount like this.

B
spunone
So Brad you saying you need to have the harness bar below sholder height to work prop?
Aaron Cox
below = spine compression in crash
i think you want 0 to 15 degrees up angle....

too much above your shoulders and they dont hold you in, in a rollover
spunone
And if your spineless? av-943.gif 15degree up ?should that be downward?
Aaron Cox
0 degrees - level with your shoulder...
15 degrees up is the max you should go...

depends on which way you are looking at it.... sure.. 15* downward angle toward your shoulder....

yeti
Hi, I know about the problem with the shoulder straps. So what is the proper solution? My car is a street car, not a race one and I want it to look as stock as it is possible with the modification. So I eithe cut the passenger side headrest and install a harness bar or I leave it stock?
Thanks Yeti
Brad Roberts
Drill holes for eye bolts in the firewall just below your shoulders towards the middle of your back and clip in a new set of comp belts.

Honestly,

I dont know which is worse? Running around on 35yo stock seat belts or having your competition belts not work properly in a crash?? confused24.gif

I mount mine below my shoulders like the instructions call for and I dont get too concerned about my passengers.

B

Aaron Cox
also....

when you drill the holes inthe firewall... you need to use the big washers.. AND they need to be mounted to bare metal.... not thru a soundpad etc....

designed for ZERO compliance.....

metal to metal on both sides... cut soundpat/and backpad to fit OVER THEM... not sandwiched by them
spunone
Thanks fellas now I get it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.