Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Top Gear back in production
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006460299,00.html

I checked www.finalgear.com a few moments ago to see if they had any news of Richard Hammonds current condition. Appearently, he is doing quite well. They linked to the artical above that says that Top Gear started production again yesterday(Oct 5).

Appearently, Hammond was upset that they were waiting for him to recover before going back into production.

With any luck, there will be new episodes soon. It will be interesting to see what they do about the crash. I can't imagine that they will totally ignore it.

Zach
turboman808
Good they are back to filming. Gave me a chance to watch some more 5th gear episodes instead. That guy Tiff is a serious driver!

Also found a video with Tiff and Clarkson in a crash up derby. Now that was entertaining.

Sounds like Hammond will recover which is good to hear.
VaccaRabite
Tiff is a serious driver. He has driven (and appearently lead several laps) at Le Mans, and several other races over the years. Howerver, I just can't get into 5th Gear.

While both shows are similar, Top gear seems to have more chemistry, and the 5th Gear antics seem too contrived and fake (not that the Top Gear gags don't at times as well). I guess Clarkson, May and Hammond just make me laugh, and the cars are nice to watch too. If it was just about the cars, I probably would not watch. After all, I don't watch any of the American car shows.

Zach
thesey914
Latest I heard on the radio travelling back from work was that the crash is going to be shown in a special top gear documentary
davep
We had a young girl (17) die. She had completed her run at 480 kph when she went off course, hit a wall, flipped a few times, and was ejected. I think it was a demonstration run. She was, apparently, an up and comer with a few year experience in drag racing.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/10...pf-1935771.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.