Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel wheel lug bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So I am likely going to be running some steel wheels (4 lug) for a while as I make the conversion to 5 lugs.

I have one set of 4 lug bolts that are shorter than the ones for my alloys. The thread is 1" long on them.

I went to the local bug shop to get some steel length lug bolts. The ones that they had we 1/4" shorter than the one set of 4 that I have.

1) Will those work?
2) Anyone have a dozen lug bolts like the ones I am looking for, for sale?
3) If not, anyone have a source for the correct ones?

FYI - the steelies I will be running are the late model ones, like from the 75-76s.

Thanks for the help.

Joe Bob
It's not the length....it's the number of turns....
Cap'n Krusty
You need the slightly longer ones because you have to go through the rotor on the rear wheels, and the shorter VW ones won't have enough contact length. The Cap'n
KaptKaos
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 6 2006, 12:24 PM) *

You sound like you have experience with this. flipa.gif
Aaron Cox
call slits.. or glenn

im sure they have sme stcok steel lugs sittign around
Joe Bob
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 6 2006, 01:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 6 2006, 12:24 PM) *

You sound like you have experience with this. flipa.gif

Only YOU would turn it sexual.....

blink.gif

Those lug bolts are stupid....I can't believe BMW and Volvo still use those things.....use real press in studs with open headed nuts.
Aaron Cox
dont boxsters use LUGS also???

Joe Bob
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 6 2006, 01:39 PM) *

dont boxsters use LUGS also???

Who knows, who cares....another reason to hate Boxsters..... dead horse.gif
pfierb
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 6 2006, 03:08 PM) *

So I am likely going to be running some steel wheels (4 lug) for a while as I make the conversion to 5 lugs.

I have one set of 4 lug bolts that are shorter than the ones for my alloys. The thread is 1" long on them.

I went to the local bug shop to get some steel length lug bolts. The ones that they had we 1/4" shorter than the one set of 4 that I have.

1) Will those work?
2) Anyone have a dozen lug bolts like the ones I am looking for, for sale?
3) If not, anyone have a source for the correct ones?

FYI - the steelies I will be running are the late model ones, like from the 75-76s.

Thanks for the help.

I think I have what you want can't measure them till tomorrow though... pay the postage and you can have them for free
Paul f.
KaptKaos
Thanks Paul. Let me know what you find!
pfierb
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Oct 6 2006, 11:00 PM) *

Thanks Paul. Let me know what you find!

Joe, I have 12 bolts they measure 1 3/4" overall and the threaded part is 1" give or take a smidgen... sorry can't give dimensions in MM my metric ruler is hiding.Let me know and will send them out Monday.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.