Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My electrical woahs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I dont know what happened but we had a surge. huh.gif It toasted the electronic controll board in our drier. I got it fixed to the tune of $128. the kids came in complaining about the upstairs being hot so I went to check it out and found the breaker popped for that A/C unit. I tried to reset it and it just popped again. NOW WTF. I take the side cover off and found the relay burned in 2 parts. headbang.gif I jumped into the truck and blasted to my local parts guy and he didnt have one but said to go over to this other place they will have it. I head for the door and he yells they close at 5. Its 10 till 5 and just a couple of blocks I can make it. I get on Forest lane only to get stuck in traffic because of Friday drivers flipa.gif I make it to the place and catch the guy locking up and ask if they have one of these and show him the part. "Sure we have them he said clap56.gif but Im closed come back tomorow after 8AM headbang.gif huh.gif flipa.gif Sooooo the kids get to camp out in the livingroom tonight sad.gif
Jerry
That totally sucks!!! And, the guy at the door sucks too!! I think I would go to a different place for the part tomorrow. By the way, you ready for a yellow 73 914???
So.Cal.914
Sounds like you had some kind of power spike. Is this common for you? If so

I built a audio and video recording studio in Palm Springs (Sun Studios), because

of the high end equipment they were putting in I opted to put in a power

conditioner at the main service. Just a thought.
Aaron Cox
a phonecall to the guy woulda saved you from being airconditionless tonight smile.gif
spare time toys
Well we got the part :clap:all of $40. I sent Barb out to get it because Im working a double shift today so Ill be out putting it in at 11 tonight when I get home. I hope the neighborhood Barney Fife patroll doesnt come past as Im bending over the A/C unit with a flashlight in my mouth and holding a bunch of tools. ar15.gif Gotta fix it tonight because Im doing a triple shift tomorow aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.