Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Wheels are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian Mifsud
What are these wheels called? Are they an OEM option? Nice car...

Click to view attachment
SLITS
Some say they were Italian made .... starts with a "C" and I can never remember it.

Some say they were aftermarket made by Western Wheel .....

I've had some that were 4 lug and some that were 5 lug.

Ask Thomas (aka The Krazy Kraut ... used to be one914racer ) it's his car.
IronHillRestorations
They also look like some of the factory spare wheels.
914Sixer
The C name is Campegello(sp). I have never seen these wheels before. They do look like the 4 bolt Western Wheels though.
Tobra
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 7 2006, 07:40 AM) *

The C name is Campegello(sp). I have never seen these wheels before. They do look like the 4 bolt Western Wheels though.

Is that the same Campagnolo that makes bicycle wheels?
914Sixer
I think Perry got it right. They are the later 911 spare tire wheels that come with the collapsable spare tire on them. The ones that I have seen were always red though.
914Sixer
Yes, they have been make all types of wheels for a long time. If you look at the one off 914 show cars by the Italian body makers they have Campagnolo wheels
1970 Neun vierzehn
Probably Campagnola or perhaps Cromodora in origin. Surely not OEM for a 914.
JPB
Sweet untaped spare tire rim market bro!! They look great and even better if coated! I'd say ceramic coat them and they will NEVER rust!! If you want the finish to be perfect, you have to get the face as soft and unblemished as can be(ie) scotch pad sanded with a right angel air buffer!!!

beer.gif Me likes!!! Four lug Westerns are 8 spoke.
jasons
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 7 2006, 07:44 AM) *

Is that the same Campagnolo that makes bicycle wheels?

I know Campy made wheels for the Lamborghini Countach and I think I have seen them on a Pantera too.
Aaron Cox
yeah,

thats Thomas's car...

he has 16" in rear and 15" in front..... i think he said they were factory aluminum spare wheels and he powdercoated em...

surprisingly light
BMartin914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2006, 07:47 AM) *

yeah,

thats Thomas's car...

he has 16" in rear and 15" in front..... i think he said they were factory aluminum spare wheels and he powdercoated em...

surprisingly light

Yes.

Very sweet look. One of my favorites from RRC. Thomas has done a nice job with that car. AUBERGINE!
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 7 2006, 08:47 AM) *

yeah,

thats Thomas's car...

surprisingly light

Aaron,

Do you know what the widths are? These spares are found up to what model year (I'm guessing 911 only?)
T H O M A S
they are 5.5x15 and 5.5x16 et30mm no spacers running 205/55
spare wheels of the 911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.