Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New speedo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Just got a 150MPH speedo and am replacing a 120MPH one. I have a 71 and I think this is from a 74. Are these easily transferable?

beer.gif I gots ta get the hell off of ebay for at least a few months, damn!!!
mihai914
Ouch $125, yup you really have to get away from EvillBay. You could of gotten it much cheaper here dead horse.gif

It's a easy swap, everything plugs in the same place, the hardest part will probably removing your trip odometer cable, you'll need a small flat scewdriveer for that one.
JPB
Salut Montreal. How did ya know the 125$? I must have lost my freeking mind!!!

beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
"Upgrade" In what way is this considered an "upgrade"? You're simply replacing the speedo with a different one. No better, and no worse, it's just different. The Cap'n
So.Cal.914
Yah but it looks cool. Boy there is a quick way to gain more speed, put in a

150 speedo it will go 150 mph.... Right? biggrin.gif
JPB
av-943.gif agree.gif

Ya my speedo says like 150 like Spinal Tap's amps say 11. "Ours are better because ours go to 11."LOL Not to spill the beans but, if I get and engine that red lines past the lets say 7K line easily, then it might bring my speed up past the old 112MPH which is like 8MPH away from the 120 mark.

beer.gif It has a visual speed upgrade of 30 MPH and may possibly well have an up grade of at least 100 HPs for shure after installation!
So.Cal.914
av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.