Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A D-Jet Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael J
A '73 stock 2 liter. The Aux Air Valve was stuck so I replaced it with one that works. But I am getting no increase in cold idle speed. confused24.gif I pulled the hose off the air cleaner and there is plenty of vacum. Anybody know why I'm not picking up 600 to 800 rpm?
Not a real big deal but it would be nice to not have to fight that first 5 minutes until warm.
Bleyseng
adjust you idle speed when the engine is hot and the AAR is closed all the way. No air should be flowing when its closed.
then when its cold and open it will let the extra air thru pushing the idle speed up to 1500-1800
Michael J
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 7 2006, 01:38 PM) *

adjust you idle speed when the engine is hot and the AAR is closed all the way. No air should be flowing when its closed.
then when its cold and open it will let the extra air thru pushing the idle speed up to 1500-1800

I did this (set between 900 & 1000 rpm when hot) and gained only about 200 rpm when cold. The AAR is working OK and all the vacume hoses are pretty new so I don't think I have any leaks. With the suction through the AAR when cold it seems like the idle should jump up quite a bit.
Bleyseng
I would guess that the AAR isn't opening all the way, check it.

I use a liberal amount of PB Blaster every fall to lube the rotary valve inside the AAR. The moist air rusts the valve so it sticks. Squirt some in.
jk76.914
Geoff, somewhere sometime I recall reading a post about this. I'm thinking it was timing way advanced? Little effect from the AAR when timing is way advanced? Or was it way retarded? Ringing any bells?

Michael- how's your timing?

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.