Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I failed, so maybe you can strike a deal.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr.C
Sounds odd, but I found a tattered 6 chained to a motorhome in Oxnard. I've tried numerous times to get in touch with the owner, but never get a call. It could be somebody here? confused24.gif Who knows, so if I piss off somebody, eh oh well.
Anyways it's tattered in need of restoration and from what I last seen of it the tires were going flat as it sat chained on the side of the road. Such a shame. sad.gif I have held back long enough hoping I could get it, but it's not gonna happen. Besides I would like to see somebody here potentially get it.
All I ask is that if somebody is lucky enough to pick it up let me know, I"m curious as to the story behind it.
3 months ago it was still there.
1600 Patton Court, Oxnard
popcorn[1].gif
JPB
Maybe the place is abandoned.

beer.gif
Mr.C
Nah, it's in an industrial area on the side of the road. That's the weird part.
turboman808
Sometimes you got to live outside the law and do the right thing.

IPB Image
Mr.C
I doubt I could operate those with my hands behind my back.
davep
What is the VIN?
Mountain914
On private property, or literally on the side of the road ?
If side of road - needs to have current tags ? Otherwise call police and keep an eye out for the auction.
If private property - bet it's easy to find who owns the property.

Oops - are you sure you have that address right ?
Oxnard, in Ventura County ?
There seems to be no record of that address:
http://prop-tax.countyofventura.org/pisearch.asp
dekman
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JPB
Just say,"I was nice to it officer and it just followed me home, honest."

beer.gif Does it even have tags on it?
jeff
I'm an oxnard firefighter and iv'e never seen it?Please becareful around there as you probably know some areas are not so safe!Good luck I hope you can make a deal,I'll drive by on my way in
Mr.C
I'm pretty sure I have the right address. Either way it's in the culda sac next to socal gas, kinda tucked away.
Yes it is a real 6.
porschecb
Ownership by adverse possession!? driving.gif aktion035.gif popcorn[1].gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jeff @ Oct 7 2006, 03:57 PM) *

I'm an oxnard firefighter and iv'e never seen it?Please becareful around there as you probably know some areas are not so safe!Good luck I hope you can make a deal,I'll drive by on my way in

Did you happen to get the plate number on either vehicle??
Porsche Rescue
popcorn[1].gif
Michael N
Google Earth

Mr.C
Yep, that be the culda sac.
GWN7
Any plates on either the motorhome or the car?

Get the vin number off the car.

CA DMV has a search function that might help you find out the owners name.
JeffBowlsby
Can you post a link to that search function Bruce? I looked but couldn't find it.
Brian Mifsud
wacky question.. but how do you "Chain" a 914 to something???

It's not a Schwinn bicycle for god's sake!

Punch a hole through engine lid and go through the existing "hell-hole"

Thru the wheels?
GWN7
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 8 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Can you post a link to that search function Bruce? I looked but couldn't find it.

I just looked too and can't find it either, but I remember someone posting a search function for serial numbers. I used it to check the 71's car vin to see if it was still in the CA system. They could have dropped it out of their system as that was 3-4 years ago.
bernbomb914
is it parked at the end of the cul-de-sc on the gas co side? MY MAP shows a large object parked at the end.

Bernie
Crazyhippy
It was parked on Wooley just west of Rose for a while too...

I wanted to stop buy and look it over, but never did, and now it's not there.

BJH
Mr.C
It looks like this guy just hauls this car around and finds places to park. Now that I think of it he had a BBQ set up under the tree next to the motorhome. I am betting he lives in it.
So did anybody find it yet?
MartyYeoman
Did you try and knock on the motorhome's door?????
arc914
hey boys
this is the best bed time story i have read yet and it comes with pics.All we need now is a chime to tell me when to turn the page.

I am dying to hear a happy ending to this.
please please send pics of this jem as she sits then tell me you got it and saved it from trailer park boy.
In Canada all we have to do is take the vin to the local MTO office and py 20$ and that well give us the entire history of that vin right from the dealer.
i found a 72 in a field and did thid and sure enough it was still registered(even though she is very dead,but parts parts parts)
finish this story soon good or bad.
andrew
Mr.C
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Oct 10 2006, 12:45 PM) *

Did you try and knock on the motorhome's door?????

Until my knuckles bled. dry.gif
Joe Bob
It's a piece of shit and the guy is an asshole.....NO, I don't wanna sell...go away....

Series9
Holy shit! Z actually drove more than 10 mile from his residence......
autohausdolby
Shame sad.gif I got given the world's most rotten 914/6 shell in similar circumstances smile.gif
sww914
I was lucky enough to meet Mr Ruf, and he says you can rebuild any Porsche as long as there's enough metal around the VIN to weld to.
Too bad this jerk won't give the car a proper home.
Dr Evil
Bring him a case of natty light, carton of smokes and befrend him. When he dies, swoop in happy11.gif
autohausdolby
QUOTE(sww914 @ Oct 11 2006, 03:30 AM) *

I was lucky enough to meet Mr Ruf, and he says you can rebuild any Porsche as long as there's enough metal around the VIN to weld to.
Too bad this jerk won't give the car a proper home.

Quality! I'm going to have that framed on my wall biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Mr.C
AHHHHH! What a jerk! Yeah it's caca, but it is still a 6.....or was I wrong on that one? I bet if you were to find an upgraded motorhome he may trade.
Ok Z failed, so who's gonna try next? biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Never said I failed....just that the thing is in bad shape and the owner likes to charge people with a baseball bat.

I have other things up my sleeve......
nomore9one4
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 11 2006, 06:29 AM) *

Never said I failed....just that the thing is in bad shape and the owner likes to charge people with a baseball bat.

I have other things up my sleeve......

Maybe he will trade for a goat? confused24.gif Thats if miles will part with her dry.gif
Joe Bob
Miles lives in a van down by the river on the EAST coast.....

That is IF you believe that he's actually real......
Crazyhippy
dats the one.. pics dont show the muff hanging down tho...

Where is it at now? i'll drive by in a teen and say HI

BJH
brer
He must be low if he doesn't deserve a 914.

rolleyes.gif

leave the guy alone.
Mr.C
Well don't get your skull bashed in! blink.gif Seems this guy is pretty passionate about protecting his car. He's probably irritated with guys like me leaving notes all over his windshield. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.