Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drag raced V-8 car today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I brought the 914 LS6 V-8 car to the local drag strip today and ran 11.44 sec @ 126 MPH. My first run of three happened to be my best! driving.gif mueba.gif
JPB
Very nice. smilie_pokal.gif

beer.gif I'm having that Sheridan on the brain infection again!
So.Cal.914
That's a hell of a run for a street legal car.
turboman808
Dam it's getting scary fast

What transmission are you using? I find the shifts in the 914 to be a bit slower.
wbergtho
It's a cable shifted 930 box and shifts very similar to a WWII dump truck. Wish I had a G50/50!
iamchappy
Bill before long you will be shooting for the 10's.
I am still struggling to get my car together before winter, the car is
in the body shop and is coming along pretty fast I hope I am up and running by
the first week in November. I may be forced to drive it on the dry winter days just
to get the engine broke in. Stop by when your in the Cities.
914-8
Wow, that's crazy fast! You must be hitting 60 in close to 3 seconds flat?

Really insane. Good show!
JPB
Ever wanted to run a wet nitrous kit? That would be zippy.

beer.gif
wbergtho
Wow, that's crazy fast! You must be hitting 60 in close to 3 seconds flat?

Really insane. Good show!

Stop by when your in the Cities.

I'm not sure just how fast it is 0-60 mph...but I'd imagine it is in the mid 3's. My 60 ft time was 1.85 and could improve with drag slicks. I did this on Michelin Pilot Sport street tires. On slicks, not that I would waste money on drag racing equipment, I'd be dangerously close to 10.8-10.9 or better. When I do spend money on tires, it will be for roadrace rubber and a set of lighter race wheels.

Hey Chappy,

Good to hear from you. I can't wait to see that gleaming black beast when it emerges from the bodyshop! Can't wait to hear the thing go whooooshhhhhh!
iamchappy
(Can't wait to hear the thing go whooooshhhhhh!) Me too, it wont be long now.
rick 918-S
That exceeds the cool factor! smilie_pokal.gif Don't break it before me and Chappy get ours done. I finally brought my other head to the shop. I'm such a slacker.
iamchappy
Rick if all goes well I should be on the road in a few weeks.
Rider914
What gear were you in at the end? RPM's?

That is pretty f'n fast!
wbergtho
Was in 3rd gear at 6,200 RPM...kept my foot into it for a little while longer just to hear the rev limiter bang in at 6,800 @ 135 MPH.
MecGen
the rev limiter bang in at 6,800 @ 135 MPH.

Ya But can you do it with a coffee in one hand and a smoke in the other ??? That would be cooool
Good run, has anyone done better in a 914 ?

Later

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
theres an army painted v8 with slicks thats running in the 10's i believe.
fat73
Very nice 914. What kit is that? Off the shelf/custom?

Ed aka W9R1 (1973 914/2003 WRX engine)
wbergtho
What kit is that? Off the shelf/custom?

Ed aka W9R1 (1973 914/2003 WRX engine)

It is a Sheridan body kit. Check them out at ultimate914.com

I modified the intake hole on the front bumber to increase airflow through the radiator, added brake duct/driving lights to front air dam, grafted 996T intakes into the rear quarters to feed air to the air induction system, cut out front turn signal lenses and installed stock 914 parts, added Audi A4 marker/signal lights on front fenders, created a tunnel & diffuser through front trunk and added a 3rd brake light from a Subaru to the rear spoiler.
byndbad914
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Oct 7 2006, 04:33 PM) *

It's a cable shifted 930 box and shifts very similar to a WWII dump truck. Wish I had a G50/50!

hahaha werd! Whenever I describe the 930 as notchy, I just don't feel like I am getting the point across as to how notchy av-943.gif

Reminds me of a guy I built a blown 347 for in his 5.0. Went to the track and 1st pass was like 11:20s at 130+. I told him to put an auto in the car or learn to shift and he would be low-10s. He got all bent outta shape and told me he shifted just fine. Second pass was 11:17 at 134mph. The guy at the slip pick-up kicked him off the track (needed 2 more points on the cage for 10.99 and faster) and told him if he learns to shift he would be low-10s. alfred.gif He told me that, I LMAO and the next week he went to an auto and ran something like 10:20s.

That car would easily be 10s if it were easier to shift... why not buy some cheapie 15" steel wheels and have them widened (probably have $100 in the set as 15" steelies are dirt cheap even with the trouble of finding 130mm pattern) and throw some 10-10.5s slicks on there. With so many 10" classes, the tires are plentiful and cheap. Would make trips to the track that much more fun for only a couple hundred bucks total. Probably get some used ones with a pass or two left in them for free or a couple bucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.