Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet in Arm Rest Pocket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
AvalonFal
Noticed my '74 2.0L has a piece of carpet laid in the bottom of the driver's side arm rest pocket. The carpet doesn't match the floor carpet & was probably put in by a PO, so I'm wondering if carpet in the pocket was an original item.
tod914
Should be like a grey piece of felt thats glued in there on the pocket side.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 8 2006, 09:44 AM) *

Noticed my '74 2.0L has a piece of carpet laid in the bottom of the driver's side arm rest pocket. The carpet doesn't match the floor carpet & was probably put in by a PO, so I'm wondering if carpet in the pocket was an original item.

Nope!

No carpet....just some very fine fuzzy stuff. In fact, with the tendancy for (even new) top seals to leak in a hard rain, I'd get it out of there quickly.
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 8 2006, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 8 2006, 09:44 AM) *

Nope!

No carpet....just some very fine fuzzy stuff. In fact, with the tendancy for (even new) top seals to leak in a hard rain, I'd get it out of there quickly.

agree.gif
I have seen P/O's glue or place carpet in, and even foam..
Not original though.....
WOULD like to see a pic though, if possible?????
To see if the carpet piece was oem of sorts?? confused24.gif
AvalonFal
I have seen P/O's glue or place carpet in, and even foam..
Not original though.....
WOULD like to see a pic though, if possible?????
To see if the carpet piece was oem of sorts?? confused24.gif
[/quote]

No need for a pic. The piece I took out was definitely not original. It was black plush type carpet that matched the homemade carpet "floor mats" that the PO had over the normal carpet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.