Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modern Porsche Speedster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fat73

http://www.gizmag.com/go/3939/1/

Looks like it competes with the big boys (GT2 GT3) in stock engine clothing. I know my 914 is fast. This is gotta be even lighter. You can have one for $55k.

Ed aka W9R1
smontanaro
Given that the article is about a WRX-powered Speedster replica it seems a bid odd that there are no pictures of the engine... confused24.gif

Skip
fat73
Maybe how they have it crammed in there is a secret. You know...protecting their engineering investment...But if you want to see how it's done...it would look something like this...

IPB Image

IPB Image

ed aka W9R1
effutuo101
I thought there was a place in San Diego that was selling turn key replicas for about 20k. That plus a motor, adapter kit, and radiator only comes to about 30k on the outside in my book. I would rather have a 550 spyder replica with WRX power. That would scare the crap out of the local (and me to I am sure) fast and furious crowd. It is pretty though.
The only car my wife would go for except a Ghia is the 55 speedster (she doesn't care if it is a replica). She loves the art deco look of the grills.
JPB
A 550 with a wrx engine, now your talkin! thumb3d.gif
Gary
Here's a US place that does 356 replicas with sub power plants: Specialty Auto. Would be a cool daily driver...
914forme
Mid Engine 356A Cab aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.