Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida Oranges?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
i keep finding various parts on my car painted orange. the intermediate shift rod,valve covers,aux fan in the engine compartment. why? is this a Porsche thing. also, i've seen a few other valve cover in orange..... bootyshake.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 8 2006, 08:42 AM) *

i keep finding various parts on my car painted orange. the intermediate shift rod,valve covers,aux fan in the engine compartment. why? is this a Porsche thing. also, i've seen a few other valve cover in orange..... bootyshake.gif

never seen that, the previous owner of your car was a paint freak blink.gif
Gustl
AFAIK in the '70ies Porsche painted their different 911 T/E/S engines (better: parts of the engines) in different colours
I don't know the correct colours for the different engines, but orange was one of these colours, green an other - sorry, don't remember the 3rd colour confused24.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
pete-stevers
we are pulling oranges out of austraila, navels....
and chinese mandarins
but none from florida yet
but hey this is canada.....
ps my next car is going to be orange.....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 8 2006, 10:55 AM) *

AFAIK in the '70ies Porsche painted their different 911 T/E/S engines (better: parts of the engines) in different colours
I don't know the correct colours for the different engines, but orange was one of these colours, green an other - sorry, don't remember the 3rd colour confused24.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

black = T
green = E
red = S

iirc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.