Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay "914" with sbc...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Gustl
eBay #230036489305

why ??
TINCAN914
I have no idea what that thing is.. It looks like a Eclipse and a Chevy got together to see what the offspring would look like. I don't see anything that looks like a teener in that mess.... blink.gif
smontanaro
ricer wannabe? confused24.gif

Skip
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

WTF, agree.gif barf.gif ar15.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 7 2006, 05:06 AM) *

I have no idea what that thing is.. It looks like a Eclipse and a Chevy got together to see what the offspring would look like. I don't see anything that looks like a teener in that mess.... blink.gif

agree.gif door angles, pillar angles, windscreen are all wrong. maybe he has a valid 914 chassis number welded in somewhere to give him a 914 title. looks more like a fiero.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Oct 7 2006, 07:22 AM) *

agree.gif door angles, pillar angles, windscreen are all wrong. maybe he has a valid 914 chassis number welded in somewhere to give him a 914 title. looks more like a fiero.

agree.gif
It looks like he had a giant pile of various make body parts, and he went thru until he found ones that would fit, then tacked 'em on. No theme, no style, no proportion. Just a fully covered chassis. Almost looks like a camo test mule.

Too bad. It looks like he did a solid job in the actual assembly. I'm sure there is a fair number of hours invested. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
In the third pic even the dog looks embarassed to be seen next to it dry.gif

For what it is it looks done well, but even a turd done well is still a turd.
JPB
agree.gif
Joo are correct bato. I get MR2 and put 914 numbers on it and get a cheep hot aotmobiles for free from my amigos.

beer.gif Iz mid engeen segnors and lots of FG to make is cool man.
Allan
Can someone do a PPI for me?
JeffBowlsby
He did it 'because he could'. This car is an extreme example, but we should remember this car next time we want to modify our cars...
orange914
i dont know how that thing resembles a 914 AT ALL robot.gif ... but i sure as hell would buy if the price would stay at $100 chowtime.gif
So.Cal.914
The fabrication and body are really very good, but what on God's green earth is

that thing on the roof? Some people don't know when to say enough.
Mountain914
Gee, I don't think it looks so bad. I don't like the doors, or the front spoiler/headlights - but fit and finish, in the super tiny pictures, with my bad eyesight, doesn't look so bad confused24.gif .
If it was built well mechanically - then it's unique and what the heck... we've seen worse.

You realize I only write this because we are starting to sound like the wine-and-cheese crowd... biggrin.gif

I think the Yon K 914 looks ugly (yes, I said it), but... look what it could do ! Granted, the bad looks come from the good engineering. With this kali-kookmobile, I think, the top scoop and side scoops probably provide a solid solution for air intake and cooling (conjecture). It looks like the up-front radiator is done very well (front dam air entrance over the radiator and through the hood air exit). But hey, I just look at 'em, I don't build 'em.
914Mike
QUOTE(orange914 @ Oct 7 2006, 08:57 AM) *

i dont know how that thing resembles a 914 AT ALL robot.gif ... but i sure as hell would buy if the price would stay at $100 chowtime.gif

Yeah, I bid $105, not going any more.barf.gif

Mike Scott in SJ, CA Drive one a day That's all I ask...
Sammy
I like it.
Mueller
I kinda like it....I'd ditch the wild paint job, the spoiler and the front air-dam...

BMartin914
Because:

a - You have too much money
b - You have too much time
c - You have bad taste
d - You have no taste
e - It was the best way you could think of to ruin a 914
Jeroen
not something I'd build, but I like it
dlo914
Looks like the base vehicle wasnt a 72' 914. It looks more like a 2nd generation Honda Civic CRX. Here's a comparison: IPB Image
IPB Image
turboman808
Yeah doesn't look like a 914 at all. At first I thought it was a fiero but yeah must be a crx.

Should have seen a civic I built a few years ago. biggrin.gif
Wasn't that bad but close.

Just make sure you guys stop me before I mess up my 914 like that
zen motorcycle
Reminds me of a Johnny Cash song

I stole it one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime chairfall.gif
Mountain914
I got to thinking about this - perhaps it isn't a 914 underneath it all, but I could see where they would use a 914 VIN since "1972 or older" wouldn't have to meet all the emission requirements - they must have attached 914 VIN in various places (no frame stampings, right ?).
Just a theory... idea.gif
bernbomb914
I dont understand where there are so many experts on this forum that are experts that can analize three pics. and tell weather the car is good or bad. everybody has a right to their opinion but there is to much bashing on this fourm. if you cant say anything goo then say nothing at all.
Bernie
RockinOldSchool
CRX windshield roof and rear window welded onto a teener maybe? It has Porsche doors.
But that might be all it has.
MecGen
Hi

Come on guys, this is better then 99% of the "kits" that we see. I agree its a Hienz57 with minimal 914 parts, probably to get around the emmission tests or other local laws. Drop the roof scoop and the tail, and it makes for a decent kit.

You guys are nasty bootyshake.gif

Later

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem

IPB Image

sorry if its been posted.. I didnt see it.
Hammy
Looks like a Nissan.... blink.gif
Wing is a bit much...
Interesting though. I wish there were more pics of the cockpit and behind the seats.
Nice view though.
Nice dog too.
VaccaRabite
I think that there was another thread abotu this one here. May have been on NASIOC though.

Consensus was that it was a Honda CRX with a 914 Vin tacked in to get smog free status.

None of the lines mate up right to be a 914, but the body is just about spot on for a CRX.

Zach
Brett W
It looks like a decent job. I would do a different color and remove the roof scoop and wing but otherwise I don't think it looks too bad.

I think the wheel base is too short to be a teener.
IronHillRestorations
I do see 914 door handles.

This may not be your cup of tea, but it's easy to get into bashing on the 'net, cause there's no recourse.

My opinion is the guy doesn't want to sell the car. For a car like this you'd have to post photos with much more detail. The only bash I'd offer is if you really want to sell the car, you gotta show how it was put together. If you fail to show the details, then you might think there is something to hide.

Not everyone has the same idea of what makes a car cool.
Joe Bob
Woohooo, high bidder.....
Rider914
Put me in the I like it camp . . .

"There is an ass for every seat"

It is way better than the other "Customs" that we have seen.
LowGT
The door and handle looks like a 914. It is possible they welded the quarters and hatch from a CRX onto it.
jd74914
I think Dan might be right. Since the doors are definately 914 I bet they basically grafted a crx body onto the rest of it. The rear bumper seems to be a smoothed 916. The hood also has a very 914 angle to it (with the headlight covers blened in).
Andyrew
I think its got some 914 parts on it... I emailed the seller.. we'll see
Howard
Oh, some jerk will bid on it. Who the hell is sbonthemesa??? poke.gif
I think it's kinda cute.
Joe Bob
Yer momma.....second of two threads....now be merged....
Lou W
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 8 2006, 08:02 PM) *

I think it's kinda cute.

somebody-on-the-mesa dry.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 8 2006, 08:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 8 2006, 08:02 PM) *

I think it's kinda cute.

somebody-on-the-mesa dry.gif

That would be 'sumbitchonthemesa' happy11.gif Love your back yard!
Joe Bob
Santa Barbara - on - the - mesa.....dork.....
Lou W
it could be "Somebastardonthemesa"
richardmosselman
I REALLY like it!
Andyrew
Dankie admins for the merge.

Seller says he'll give me detailed photo's monday.

rick 918-S
I like it. Not everything about it. But the basic idea. You can't blame the guy for wanting to start with a 914. It's the best affordable and abundant (on the coast) plateform ever built. I like the modern roofline. It's the first custom 914 I've ever seen with the targa bar removed that doesn't look hacked off. I like the 18" stagered wheels. The wheel style looks good on that car. This is a custom car. It's not for everyone.
zymurgist
I think it's OK. I've seen a lot worse in both the 914 and the Corvette worlds. Personally, I wouldn't call it a 914 unless it has more 914 parts than the doors.

Besides, anybody who has a Bulldog can't be all bad!
wbergtho
I think it shows alot of skill and craftsmanship...but lacking in the attention to detail it needs to be considered excellent. I have to take my hat off and say he did alot of cool things and the overall shape is quite successful. I don't like the front bumper openings (too busy...and the openings themselves are not identically shaped from side to side...which tells me he was in a hurry on the bumper/air dam portion of the project). The aero bumper side strakes look a little too cheesy as well. I'd pen a different front bumper design...get rid of the air intake on the roof and feed air through the side intakes for the engine. I guess we all have our own idea of what looks right...and I think this guy is getting close. How many guys out there are brave enough to do what he did???
mrdezyne
It is not a CRX rear side window section for sure, look again at the comparison. I'd say most certainly a 914 base, you don't just PUT 914 doors on something else, think about how these things are shaped and how the hinge and latch mech has to work.

It certainly shows promise and has good lines. I'm with wbergtho that certain details are a bit cheesy and "Fast and Furious" looking for me.
Ferg
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Oct 9 2006, 11:54 AM) *

It is not a CRX rear side window section for sure, look again at the comparison. I'd say most certainly a 914 base, you don't just PUT 914 doors on something else, think about how these things are shaped and how the hinge and latch mech has to work.

It certainly shows promise and has good lines. I'm with wbergtho that certain details are a bit cheesy and "Fast and Furious" looking for me.

I'd argue that, I'm 100 percent certain that's a CRX roof line, and rear section. I'd have to assume it's a CRX windsheild as well. It even has the rear tail section glass visible on the rear shot. I think the body work comes up higher on the side to thow off the visual.

I'm pretty sure this is a CRX all the way, besides doors, with a SBC stuffed in the back.

Ferg
nycchef
[quote name='turboman808' date='Oct 7 2006, 01:20 PM' post='789769']

nate got any pics?
turboman808
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 9 2006, 12:07 PM) *

nate got any pics?

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddim...GZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Not any good ones. This is probably 2000 or 2001. I actualy won SM that day I beleive. Not something that happens to often.

What you don't see is the big vented hood and the skyline front bumper
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.