Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Memphis area/Federal Duck Stamp contest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
As many of you guys know I paint and enter these duck and wildlife stamp contests.
I have done very well competing in my state of Minnesota. This year I entered the
Federal Duck Stamp contest which held the judging in Memphis Saturday night.
I know I didnt win because they never called me but I wonder if anyone attended or had the results.
Here is a picture of the painting I entered.
JPB
The outcome wasen't so good my friend, they were all licked! biggrin.gif

Wood ducks are the coolest!
So.Cal.914
A very detailed painting, you should be proud.

When I first saw the title of your thread I thought to myself "Why would you want

to stomp on a duck and how do you keep them still long enough?". If I want to do

Duck damage I've got an over & under for that. ar15.gif biggrin.gif
Lou W
This reminds me of the movie "Fargo", wasn't it something like "three cent stamps are important too..."

Looks great thumb3d.gif
iamchappy
I am sure the Goverment will post something on there website on Tuesday but just wanted to put out a feeler to see if anyone had any info.
Fed duck stamps are the $15.00 ones.
Qarl is coming up here next week to go hunting with me for the his first time ever. He has purchased new hunting attire and I expect him to look very Elmer Fuddley.
He sent me this photo of him trying on some waders. piratenanner.gif
cooltimes
http://www.fws.gov/news/NewsReleases/showN...2C0D1A287A8D733
If the link bounces, try http://www.fws.gov and click on the news.
However an artist named Clifton won. Someone named Joseph Hautman up in Plymouth MN came in 2nd. beerchug.gif Is that IAMCHAPPY?
Too old to afford the art even on a stamp but all the past and present duck stamps are beauties. Interesting note. 1934-1935 stamp design was won by D. Darling.

MikeCool

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Oct 8 2006, 06:10 PM) *

As many of you guys know I paint and enter these duck and wildlife stamp contests.
I have done very well competing in my state of Minnesota. This year I entered the
Federal Duck Stamp contest which held the judging in Memphis Saturday night.
I know I didnt win because they never called me but I wonder if anyone attended or had the results.
Here is a picture of the painting I entered.
iamchappy
Thanks, Joe is my very best of childhood friends, he was the one that helped talk me into entering these things, Joe has won the Federal duck stamp twice. And his brothers Jim won 3 and Bob 2.

I guess all I needed to do was F5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.