Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Forge & Foundry 200T Low Profile Floor Jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mountain914
I was searching for a low-profile floor jack that didn't have to be portable, and would prevent the old "drive onto the wooden blocks *then* use the floor jack. I found this jack to be low enough to get under tight spots for a lowered car.
I didn't get a lot of super-descriptive information about any of them, and many links were out of date.
Many folks have recommended things like the sears aluminum racing jack, but I found the sides go up too quickly to really give me the clearance I needed.
So - in case you were shopping for one I thought I would throw out a few pictures of the American Forge and Foundry 200T Low-Profile floor jack.
So far - I find it to work very well, and since I was after the clearance, it has worked wonders. Even my portable jack doesn't give me as good of clearance since the sides taper up too steeply.

The only thing I would like to be able to change is to put on a smaller cup.

Much larger pictures are available at http://gallery.rennlist.com/albums/AFF200T_Jack

Manufacturer: American Forge and Foundry
Model: 200T
Capacity: 2 ton (4000 lbs)
Length: 27 Inches
Width: 11 Inches front wheels
Width: 15 Inches rear wheels
Height at pad: 3 inches
Height at handle: 6 inches
Lift Height: Over 18 inches
Weight: 100 lbs
Cost: Under $200 shipped

General profile:
IPB Image

American Forge & Foundry - Made in China, of course !! flag.gif
IPB Image

27 Inches total length
IPB Image

6 Inches height at the rear:
IPB Image

At 12 inches back, still only 3 inches tall:
IPB Image

2 3/4 inches clearance needed for the cup:
IPB Image

A 5 inch pad:
IPB Image

On a 4 1/2 inch cup:
IPB Image

Should go 17 inches or better:
IPB Image

View from the back
IPB Image
StratPlayer
I see they sell for over 200 bucks. I'll use a block to wood to get the car up if necessary.
HeloMech
Nice, how HIGH does it go?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Oct 9 2006, 12:12 PM) *

Nice, how HIGH does it go?

how high do you want to get?

smoke.gif
Mountain914
Post edited since *ahem* dry.gif I managed to forget a small measurement named "height". Thanks for setting me straight on that chair.gif

I didn't know you could measure "high" smoke.gif

Stratplayer - Next I'll be reviewing some blocks of wood. poke.gif laugh.gif

Seriously - I'm not putting forth any recommendations - but thought it would be some good info for anybody in the market. I didn't have a decent floor jack (just a $29 trunk monkey buddy that came dangerously close to denting the skirts) so, I am happy with this one so far. YMMV.
Brett W
I was looking at those awhile back. They seemed to be pretty well made.
TROJANMAN
thanks lee. i am currently in the market for a jack. i was real excited when i brought home my $60 craftsman 3 ton jack a couple of weeks ago, only to find that it wouldn't fit under my car. sad.gif

the 2 1/2 ton craftsman i had fit just fine, but the new one sits a 1/2 higher. I thought about putting the 4 wheels on wood, but i am all about convenience.
Mountain914
You can always borrow it to see if you like it. Bring a back brace for heavy lifting ! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.