Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone see a problem using an EA case?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rtalich
I'm in the process of buying parts to build a new motor. I would like to put a 78mm crank, 96mm pistons, raby cam.... yada yada yada. Anyway, Jerry down at NWCR is trying to sell me an EA case. Will this case be fine? Or should I try to find another code? From what I've read so far, all type 4 cases are pretty much the same, correct?

Thanks,
Rob
KenH
For the most part Yes - but Jake has some tolerence issues about the various cases.

I have a new set of 96mm KB Stoker pistons, rings and 2.0 "bored to match" cylinders For Sale. Interested??

Ken
rtalich
QUOTE(KenH @ Oct 9 2006, 04:19 PM) *

For the most part Yes - but Jake has some tolerence issues about the various cases.

I have a new set of 96mm KB Stoker pistons, rings and 2.0 "bored to match" cylinders For Sale. Interested??

Ken

There are a few places he pointed out to me that will need to be ground a bit for clearance issues if you use a stroked crank and bigger pistons.
Bleyseng
So what rods are you looking at?
What crank are you looking at?

What bearing journal does the crank have?

Jake's kit is pretty complete but not cheap.

Think alot before you jump on parts and ask a hellva lot of questions cuz its a slippery slope you are on.

Jerry is a good guy and machinist. You know my feelings on his 914 head work. alfred.gif

EA is a ok case to use. A W case is better cuz its a hair stronger in certain spots.
should be lots of the early cases around the NW.

I can ask around if ya want?
Jake Raby
EA is a fine foundation... One of my favorites.

The engine kit is by far your best value, guesswork is absolutely removed and thats priceless. Kits have more parts in them than most people think... Do some research and you'll see that its the best deal going.

We even dictate tuning characteristics....

Nuttin wrong with an EA case, buy it- build it.
rtalich
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Oct 9 2006, 05:58 PM) *

EA is a fine foundation... One of my favorites.

The engine kit is by far your best value, guesswork is absolutely removed and thats priceless. Kits have more parts in them than most people think... Do some research and you'll see that its the best deal going.

We even dictate tuning characteristics....

Nuttin wrong with an EA case, buy it- build it.

Right on... thanks for the reply Jake.

I actually sent you an email a bit earlier. I basically want to build the motor using your products but can't afford the big money hit for a kit. So I'm trying to buy pieces a little at a time. The first item, besides the case, I'd like to buy is the crank. I do know that I want a 78mm stroke... any recommendations?

Thanks,
Rob
KenH
Buy as much as you can from Jake. Like his crank, rods, cam, pushrods, cylinder spacers. Pistons you can find (like from me). 2.0 94mm cylinders can be found and then have to be bored to the piston spec.

Ken
Bleyseng
agree.gif

rtalich
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 9 2006, 07:24 PM) *

agree.gif

smoke.gif Which is exactly what I plan to do...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.