Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hallet, OK vintage race 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Whew... just made it back from the vintage weekend at Hallet.
NICE track.
very challenging.
I have a LONG ways to go to master that track!

wow.. it was great to meet so many new people.
a Bunch of Oklahoma guys came out.
I can't thank them enough for taking the time
very fun to meet everyone.

Joseph, thanks again sir. Very nice to meet you!
Kurt, and Curt, and curtis... ha... very nice to meet you guys!

and Mike from Texas (a lurker on here) came out too and saved the day.
we lost a wheel bearing on the tow vehicle (among about 3 significant problems) and Mike ran us in and out of town over and over to get parts.

Mike, sorry for the oil stains on your blanket! and I can't say Thank You enough!
hope to get to see you again soon!

I've said it before, but its amazing how much I appreciate all of the 914 club folk on this board! Thanks for the help folks, and can't wait to see you all again

thanks all
pictures after I get them set up.
brant
brant
This is a very challenging track.
I have so much left to learn here.
my very first time on the track was qualifying.
did terrible really.....

qualified 2nd to last.
spend the afternoon climbing up to mid pack.

then there were 3 cars damaged in one session and I bumped up to about 6th overall...

felt like it would be a good sunday until I had my first spin in the morning.
dropped right back to last as a result.
spent the final race trying to crawl back up to mid pack.

but what a beautiful track, great people, and a good time

we had a few challenges (broken tow vehicle with no place to buy parts)
and the car suffered a tiny bit of body damage prior to arrival
but it was great and I'll try to come back!

pictures:
brant
and racing:
brant
and:
brant
I missed much of the pit shots...
but here are some:
brant
from the back:
brant
more:
brant
couple more before I leave for work:
brant
and:
brant
fords were in abundance:
mrdezyne
Perfect day for racing as was the whole weekend weather wise. A larger group was planned to attend but as we all know, life happens and plans change. I would like to personally thank Brant and his family for inviting us to join them at Hallet for an afternoon of vintage fun. From the moment we walked up to the tent, his mother was offering us cookies and sandwiches, VERY nice people!

And for all of those that followed along with Brants build thread, this car is every bit as impressive in person as the photos in the thread show. First rate, top notch workmanship!

I have a few more pics to share, and once I figure out my new camcorder I should have some video of Brant going through the "Bitch", an appropriately named corner on the track...

THANKS AGAIN!!!
mrdezyne
more pics of Brant

edit, I think these shots are reversed, he passed the BMW..
mrdezyne
Curt Curtis and A&Pgirl made it out with their teeners....

A&Pgirl and her dad left with a car load of parts that I brought, the front trunk was full and they had a front valance propped between the seats on their way home...LOL!
mrdezyne
another 914 that had a short weekend, very nice guy though, I think his name was Quart? Sorry if I botched that one.

Nice vintage McLaren and other attendees...
maxwelj
agree.gif Sure was great hospitality.. and fun meeting some of the people from around here. Brant, I bet the 45mph trip home was a bear, and am glad you made it safely. Nothing like shade tree mechanic'n without the tree!

Thanks again.
mrdezyne
one more pic from when we were in line to leave the track. This yellow beauty was just in front of us. I had to get out and make like a Japanese tourist.....
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 9 2006, 08:20 PM) *

Whew... just made it back from the vintage weekend at Hallet.
NICE track.
very challenging.
I have a LONG ways to go to master that track!

Joseph, thanks again sir. Very nice to meet you!
Kurt, and Curt, and curtis... ha... very nice to meet you guys!

brant

Brant,

You did a great job of "mastering" it for the brief lap time you had! It was great fun watching you pick off one car after another during you last session!

We should have come up Saturday and done a cook out. Just wasn't enough time on Sunday for a full get together. Maybe next time.

As others have already mentioned, Brant has a beautifully prepared car. Lots of thoughtfull effort put into it. And you obviously have lots of family support!

Nice meeting all you "Curts" and others. Hope to see you guys in Fort Smith for MUSR8 in a few weeks!

project-914
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Oct 10 2006, 10:13 AM) *

another 914 that had a short weekend, very nice guy though, I think his name was Quart? Sorry if I botched that one.

Nice vintage McLaren and other attendees...

in that last picture that's my dad hahaha talkin to the formula 5000 dude...I made it late...

Brant, I was entering as you were exiting and I waved to you, but I don't think you saw...

red wrx with gold wheels hehe

also, I ran that car the next day and it was some of the most fun I've ever had forever!!!...

CCW: 1:41.520
CW: 1:46.637

I had around 20 laps going each way so pretty sufficient for one day...but there's DEFINITELY room for improvement...I also saw that lambo leaving too
Thack
Nice pics! I used to race motorcycles at Hallet. It is a fun and tough track.
TheCabinetmaker
Hey,I blew that Lambo's doors off on the turnpike back to T-Town. He was donig 70 and I passed him doing 73. Seriously, it was great day. Brant is a first class guy, and an even better driver. The car is very nicely put together.

This weekend is Porsche club racing at Hallet. I'll be on the false grid making like a traffic cop. Come and enjoy.
Brad Roberts
Damn! That looks like fun. I havent been to Hallet since the early 90's.

Sorry to hear about the wheel bearing headaches. It appears the car performed well.

Brant,

how do we get a "914Club" sticker on the car?

B
brant
Mrdezyne, Jack, Joseph, you are all too kind.
I felt bad that I was swept up in my van and what not and forgot to offer people sandwhiches even...

you guys are all very hospitable and kind yourselves.
I hope to see you guys all again next year and the sandwhiches, cookies and cokes are on me!

Project-914,
I saw you.. right when we passed I realized that had to be you.
nice looking wrx by the way.. thats a cool color.

Brad,
I'll find a sticker before next year.. definitely will get one. I have a Seanery cling sticker that doesn't stick to lexan well. I'll find one though.

Thanks again to everyone
it was great to meet and definitely hope to see you all again soon.
I'll put up some of the rest of my pictures:
brant
more fords:
brant
and:
brant
fun cars:
brant
The tire tote:
brant
Nice street cars parked in the pits:
brant
This capri ended up moving its front end back about 24 inches in my saturday race when it T-boned a 914/6. The good thing is that neither driver was hurt... but it sure wasn't pretty
brant
more:
brant
A dang.. nice tow vehicle...
bet he didn't lay on his back in the dirt changing the diff fluid during the weekend:
brant
and:
Lou W
This picture should be put in the new calander. clap56.gif
brant
This car was phenominal:
brant
and:
brant
more:
brant
and:
brant
more:
brant
and:
brant
my friend Joe...
dang he beat me again.
next year.... next year....
brant
the mclaren nakid:
brant
last ones. I guess you can pass in the bitch (one of my questions prior to going)
Lou W
Cool pictures, thanks for posting them.

I really like the Datsun 510.
Joseph Mills
The Mini pickup belongs to my friend David Patton. Unfortunately, he lost a clutch in his track car and had to sit out Sunday.

His has a "fleet" of vintage Mini's: the Mini pickup, the Mini track car, an unmolested street Mini, a Mini cabriolet with a/c, and a very rare Mini "woody" wagon. He also has a military model, can't remember what it's called, that he is doing a full restoration on.

It's interesting to see him exit his cars. He's about 6' 2". biggrin.gif
brant
Joseph,

that truck is cool!
plus it would make a good source of spare parts at the track?

brant
drewvw
wow that's a neat little track you got there! Looks like it was a fun weekend.

that beige bimmer was a 1600....that's a pretty rare bird.

I am into the vintage racing more than anything else, and plan to build a racer at
some point, though it will probably be british....

thanks for posting the pics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.