Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy 9 mm id fuel hose braided rubber OEM?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tshih914
Trying to get OEM braided fuel hose to replace old leaking rubber connections to fuel pump and tank in 1974 914-4 1.8L. Was able to locate 7 mm i.d. fuel hose but not 9 mm i.d. hose. VW dealers and parts sourcing have 11 mm i.d. fuel hose for type 4 vanagons. Is this what's used OEM in 914's or does someone here know where I can get some 9 mm i.d. fuel hose?

Please post links here. Thanks. beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Standard fuel hose for 914s is 7mm ID. Non-braided, 50 psi rated. Good VW parts shops will stock it.
yarin
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 9 2006, 11:39 PM) *

Standard fuel hose for 914s is 7mm ID. Non-braided, 50 psi rated. Good VW parts shops will stock it.

assuming you are running injection:
for the low pressure side you can use 3/8" standard fuel hose.
for the high pressure side you MUST use 7.5mm fuel injection hose. some auto parts stores carry it, its about $5 a foot i think. 7.5mm was a really tight fit, 7.0mm must be really difficult to install.

make sure you replace all the hose clamps with the correct fuel injection hose clamps and dont overtighten the clamps.
tshih914
Found a Canadian source call www.germansupply.com that sells german hoses (braided as well as high pressure 7x3mm or 7x2.5mm and as I mentioned 11 mm fuel hose and good clamps that are used in FI VW and 914). BUT NO 9mm hose!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.