Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 150 rare 1972 350 h.p. -3.6 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
just saw this advertised. anyone heeard of this one
1972 350 h.p. 3.6 ???
confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif

according to this link its just not built---
???? 914 club info ???
Aaron Cox
yeah.. was posted here.

pretty nice ride.. but 350 is not possible form a 3.6 in streetable trim (naturally aspirated)

Dave_Darling
It's true that there were rather few 914-6es made for the 1972 model year. None were officially imported to the US, though I know of a number that were later brought over. That includes a metallic-blue one in Reno... I don't know if this is the same one. The VIN listed on that page is not correct (too many digits, starts neither with 47 nor 914) so you can't really tell from that.

Anyway, it's possible it's an original six. If not, it's a Six conversion. Cool either way, IMHO.

--DD
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 9 2006, 10:01 PM) *

The VIN listed on that page is not correct (too many digits, starts neither with 47 nor 914) so you can't really tell from that.

-DD

Here's the correct VIN - 9142430078 - Correct for a '72 six.

It can be found on this page CLICK HERE
sportlicherFahrer
ummm...you might want to look at this aaron

GT3 Specs
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Oct 9 2006, 10:37 PM) *

It can be found on this page CLICK HERE

Ah, OK. It is the French-spec one that I saw up in Reno. I don't think it had a motor when I saw it (at the Weno West Coast Wamble in, what, '02?) but it was fun to look over.

Funny trivia note: The 72 Sixes had the key on the steering column, just like the four-cylinder cars do!

--DD
JmuRiz
Talk about a handfull, 350hp on those skinny rears. Sign me up, just not for the $40k price. You'd think for that price they'd have a drivers-side map pocket and a non-cracked dash...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Oct 9 2006, 10:48 PM) *

ummm...you might want to look at this aaron

GT3 Specs

gt3 = streeet racer LOL

12:1 and isnt it water cooled? not the same motor....
Eric_Shea
Im surprised it has the -4 VIN again. I spoke to their web guy and told him all the issues. He shot back that it was a factory -6. Imported and it had a -6 VIN. Now, seeing it again with the -4 VIN makes me extremely suspect of the originality of this car. If it were a 72 -6 then I would think it would be work 5-10% more just because there were so few produced. They have the key on the column and the dash vents as well.

Is there anyone in Reno who can verify?

Oooooops... just saw John's post with the -6 VIN. So they have two listings, one with a -4 VIN and one with a -6 VIN confused24.gif
Bill D
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 10 2006, 01:01 AM) *

It's true that there were rather few 914-6es made for the 1972 model year. None were officially imported to the US, though I know of a number that were later brought over. That includes a metallic-blue one in Reno... I don't know if this is the same one. The VIN listed on that page is not correct (too many digits, starts neither with 47 nor 914) so you can't really tell from that.

Anyway, it's possible it's an original six. If not, it's a Six conversion. Cool either way, IMHO.

--DD

I know of at least one 1972 914-6 that was sent to a customer. The car was White and had a 2.4S motor with weber carburetors. This car was on Long Island in 1974 and the gentleman special ordered this car through his fathers dealership. He was a friend of Gordon Healey who owned a Import repair shop. I remember this car as my 914-6 was at Gordons with him helping me do my first engine rebuild when his friend showed up with the 72. I have not lived on LI for many years and would be interested in hearing from anyone that knows Gordon or the White 914-6.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 10 2006, 09:40 AM) *

Im surprised it has the -4 VIN again. I spoke to their web guy and told him all the issues. He shot back that it was a factory -6. Imported and it had a -6 VIN. Now, seeing it again with the -4 VIN makes me extremely suspect of the originality of this car. If it were a 72 -6 then I would think it would be work 5-10% more just because there were so few produced. They have the key on the column and the dash vents as well.

Is there anyone in Reno who can verify?

Oooooops... just saw John's post with the -6 VIN. So they have two listings, one with a -4 VIN and one with a -6 VIN confused24.gif

If you go check that -4 it's not a correct VIN anyway. It would place the car as '70 and outside of the numbering schematic. The -6 VIN is correct for a '72 tho.
gms
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 10 2006, 08:40 AM) *

If it were a 72 -6 then I would think it would be work 5-10% more just because there were so few produced. They have the key on the column and the dash vents as well.

5-10% less because it has the key in the wrong place and the passenger seat moves biggrin.gif
davep
So, was the windshield washer pressurized by the spare in the 1972 914/6?
gms
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 10 2006, 05:57 PM) *

So, was the windshield washer pressurized by the spare in the 1972 914/6?

Looks like it
Click to view attachment
gms
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.