Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Tubes in the Longs - Where to buy them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Did a search, came up empty although I'm 99% sure I've seen this discussed in the past... Getting my longs done all proper like and want to replace the heater tubes "while I'm in there"...

-pt
vesnyder
Not sure of the dimensions, but one place to buy replacement tubes in bulk is McMaster Carr. They are an industrial supply house that carries just about anything you might need, and you can buy it by the foot. Go out to their web site. I purchased a bunch of heater tubing from them for my 914. Good luck!
ptravnic
QUOTE(vesnyder @ Oct 10 2006, 08:44 AM) *

Not sure of the dimensions, but one place to buy replacement tubes in bulk is McMaster Carr. They are an industrial supply house that carries just about anything you might need, and you can buy it by the foot. Go out to their web site. I purchased a bunch of heater tubing from them for my 914. Good luck!

Thanks Vance. I'll call them but need the dimensions of the tube before I call so I can properly describe to them the piece... I'm thinking it is prob a popular Beetle part... Not sure though.

-pt
Bartlett 914
You may find hose but probably not the tubes that are in the longs. These are perforated aluminum tubes surounded by fiberglass insulation and another outer covering. The tubes are designed as "Sound Absorbers". It is just a form of a muffler. Be careful when removing yours and clean it is probably the best way to go. With all the cars that have been cut up, maybe there are some around.
davep
Not a bug part, custom for the 914.
As stated, salvage the ones from your car, or get a set from a sawzall car.
URY914
Yep, they are move than just paper tube ducts. They are insulated and have plastic fittings on each end. I have one I cut out of another car that is in pretty good shape. And I have a parts car with them still in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.