Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Much is it Worth ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I just restored a salvaged title '73 1.7l 914 here in Ohio and am considering selling it in the Spring and was wondering what it would be worth. I understand the salvage part of it will reduce the value significantly, given the fron clip was entirely replaced. Outside of that the car is in excellent condition with almost everything working, including the interior lights (they come on when the door opens!), and the reverse lights (most of the time). The interior is all brand new with new leather seat covers and a custom hand-made wooden dash. I alse have a good set of sun visors! The motor runs reliably with a good set of SS heat exchangers and it has been recently sealed - but still has the HP of a VW? Given recent price increases any chance I could get $8k? or more? Otherwise I may turn it into my daily driver and rebuild the 1.8 sitting in storage - dilemma!!
skline
It looks good, but with a salvage title, it would make you a better daily driver. Not a chance it will bring 8k in the market place. Sorry
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 10 2006, 12:01 PM) *

It looks good, but with a salvage title, it would make you a better daily driver. Not a chance it will bring 8k in the market place. Sorry

Maybe in DRY states, but here in the land of salt & snow it could bring $8K. I would guess more like $6k range, but I have seen some $6k cars that were not salvaged title cars that should have been, if you know what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.