Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Genevieve got her teeth pulled
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mamacita
No anesthesia required, thankfully. We went and got a flexible magnet (as was suggested here) today and John did the surgery while I was doing some necessary house stuff.

The gear game out in three pieces, two large & one tiny (only large enough for one tooth from the gear). We won't have to worry about those hanging out where they ought not be, causing problems.

The new starter was shipped yesterday & if last time was any indication, we should get it today or tomorrow.

I can't wait to get the new starter bolted on and see how Gen is doing after having the carb repaired over the weekend!! Hopefully she'll start right up & purr right along!

Thanks for all your help. I don't know what I'd have done without the help & advice here.
Stacie
biggrin.gif (a big "toothy" grin in honor of Gen's tooth work today)
Here's a picture of the culprit!
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
teef.gif
Joe Bob
Magnets be yer friend.....
Mamacita
Yes, I'm becoming a big fan of magnets. I think this little tool will become a fave of ours.

I loved the gap-tooth emoticon, btw! VERY cute!
Stacie
rhodyguy
happy motoring!!! i bet you're excited.

k
Mamacita
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 10 2006, 03:49 PM) *

happy motoring!!! i bet you're excited.

k

I am far too excited for words! She's been out of commission for far too long. When the UPS guy comes, it's going to take everything I've got to keep from kissing him. LOL.

Stacie
URY914
So the gear broke into several pieces and came off the shaft. In your other thread it sounded like the teeth broke off the gear.

Never mind....
Mamacita
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 10 2006, 04:30 PM) *

So the gear broke into several pieces and came off the shaft. In your other thread it sounded like the teeth broke off the gear.

Never mind....

Unfortunately, what I know about cars can be put in a thimble...<sigh>

I thought they'd been sheared off, too. I was really pleased to find that it had broken off into three pieces. It seems like it's a much easier solution to that one than to have to fish out individual teeth and deal with all that. I could be wrong, but it's my guess anyway.

I keep looking and listening for UPS on my street. I am completely looking forward to receiving the new starter. We have plans tonight, so if it comes too close to when we need to leave, I'll need to let it sit until we get back around 9 p.m. I can guarantee, though, that if it is sitting, I'll be the one begging to leave earlier tonight instead of John being the one saying "it's time to go"...that would be a major switch for us.
Stacie
McMark
Great news! smilie_pokal.gif

I hope the new one lasts longer.
SGB
"whew."
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Mamacita @ Oct 10 2006, 01:51 PM) *

I am far too excited for words! She's been out of commission for far too long. When the UPS guy comes, it's going to take everything I've got to keep from kissing him. LOL.

Stacie

If you do I'll bet your next part gets there sooner. smile.gif

Good deal, yes that is better than the teeth having been ground off by the

flywheel, less FW damage. Looks like it gernaded stress fracture maybe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.