Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FFC 06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
Please post the time that you plan to arrive on either Friday or Saturday.

Anybody that can get into town early is welcome to stop by and get an early start to a great weekend. I will be out in the garage by 10 AM on Friday. The Columbus Inn is only about 25 minutes away so its gonna be a 914 garage day until about 5PM, then we'll drive over to the Inn.

My place is a medium sized swap meet. I have parts in the garage, the other garage, the gazebo, the basement and a few still scattered throughout the house. And I think that I am finally ready to start parting with some of them-LOL! The garage fridge will be well stocked beer3.gif . There's a bit of a Chevrolet/Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum to enjoy. We can wrench on someone's car, have an informal tech session, get some grub, ....pretty much anything that makes for a great 914club day.

My address is 333 Redbud Dr, Nashville, IN 47448. Phone 812 988 4794.
bd1308
hmm, i'll be arriving at around 4-5 sad.gif

Will there be any chance i could install my heating system? I need some parts too from you, like the pipes that connect from the HEs to the flabber boxes and the flapper boxes themselves. I think i still have the flexible tubes
TINCAN914
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 10 2006, 10:21 PM) *

Will there be any chance i could install my heating system? I need some parts too from you, like the pipes that connect from the HEs to the flabber boxes and the flapper boxes themselves. I think i still have the flexible tubes

Be a man Britt... Who needs a heater????!!! biggrin.gif
Well except maybe Ben.....(Bmartin) We drove over Vail pass on our way to Moab, (no heater) 27 degrees. I still can't find my left testical, it was so cold.... dry.gif
Sounds like you guy's are going to have a blast!! beerchug.gif
Bartlett 914
I am planning to leave about 2PM. It is about 4 - 5 hours travel. I forget which time zone you are in. See ya then.

driving.gif
tdgray
Doug... if I can get the car running right I will probably be coming in on Sat AM. maybe around 10-11.

Where will everybody be at that time?
GaroldShaffer
After we pick up the shirts we will head out of here around noon our time so we should be there around 5pm or sooner your time.
SGB
Dang- I wish I could be there. If the FFC quality standard is anywhere close to Doug's car, you folks will have a first-class good time! Have fun, drive hard, eat lots, and don't forget the camera! smile.gif
dralf
smile.gif Doug,
I and Talerie should be at your place around 2:30 PM.
She has to take her DOGS to the vet. Sad to think but she has far more money tied up in her show dogs and stuff than I do in my 914 !!

I'll have some Becks in a cooler for us.

Al
1970 Neun vierzehn
Our ETD is 1400. Since we're planning to take Rt. 46, driving.gif the ETA is anybodys guess. Keep the rain away, Doug.
Bertus
I hope to be arriving up there in the 3 to 4 pm range on Friday.
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 12:21 AM) *

I don't know how long it will take to get heat components installed. Although I may be finding out in the next day or so. I haven't installed heat on my car yet either!
Woodstock
I'll be arriving w/*#@&1970 neun vierzehn (y couldn't he pick something ez for a sig? )dry.gif Guess I need to pack long underwear, galoshes and an umbrella,
....that's just for the ride in the 914 biggrin.gif
dralf
dry.gif I have bought a 12 Volt hair dryer to drfrost my windshield if needed sice I to have no heat in the car. If my woman complains that it's too cold then I will use if on her. Perhaps some brandy in a flask is needed.
GaroldShaffer
Forgot to say we are taking I65 all the way there. We will leave at 11 am Chicago time, so that puts us around 4 pm or so Columbus time. My cell if anyone needs help or whatever is 219-730-6418
MrsPnambic
We will be arriving on Saturday morning. I have to take the boys up to my parents on Friday night. That way Saturday we can be there all day and even that night. I know he is really looking forward to the event. smile.gif
bd1308
DOug, you wouldnt happen to have some spare pieces would you?
Doug Leggins
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 09:56 PM) *

DOug, you wouldnt happen to have some spare pieces would you?

Heat stuff right? I have a box or 2 of spare heat tubes, flaps, etc. Likely everything that would be needed to hook up heat, except heat exchangers and the tubing that goes inside the engine compartment. They're not pretty and need some cleaning, but they should be functional. The pretty parts are going on my car biggrin.gif
bd1308
smile.gif awesome!
Engman
"They're not pretty and need some cleaning, but they should be functional"

Be sure to tap out the nuts with a metic tap. New stainless bolts/ lockwashers would be a good idea as well. I dont remember the size - larger than an m5 but smaller than an m10. I went with allen heads - soooo much more easy to put in.

Expect a min of an hour to do this.

I should be at the Columbus inn around 4:30- 5 ish.

M
Bartlett 914
Britt

I have some 60 mm ID hose that connects the flappers to the tubes in the longs. Let me know and I will bring some. This is new hose.
mudfoot76
Wow am I getting envious - it looks like it will be a great group (and aside from a little cold, not crap weather). This is the second yr in a row I"ll have to be out of town on FFC weekend dry.gif

Everyone drive safe. Hopefully I'll see you next year.

bd1308
Bartlet(sp) bring some of that hose. I think i'll do the heater install tomorrow morning with what i do have, since it looks like it'll be cold this weekend too.

I may have some of that hose, but bring some just in case...
Bartlett 914
I'll bring some hose JIC. BTW is snowing like mad here! sad.gif

But of course it will be sunny and warm there in Columbus this weekend..right?
bd1308
Of course it'll be sunny and warm...

I need to get that heater stuff done.
Pnambic
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Oct 12 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Wow am I getting envious - it looks like it will be a great group (and aside from a little cold, not crap weather). This is the second yr in a row I"ll have to be out of town on FFC weekend dry.gif

Everyone drive safe. Hopefully I'll see you next year.

Hey Geoff,

We'll miss ya. And being the nice guy I am, I'm sure I could find someone willing to stretch the legs of that mean green machine of yours for you. idea.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif
cnavarro
Tammy and I will be there prolly mid afternoon - I wanted to see if I could change tranny fluid in the morning first and she has a crew leader meeting then she's free from work for the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.