Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original style 914/6 front engine mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
The PO has hacked the bulkhead out where the front engine mount should be on the 914/6 shell I've got. I don't like the aftermarket 6 cylinder mounts so does anyone make the stock style pressing?

IPB Image
autohausdolby
The above one has been re-enforced btw smile.gif

Apologies to Armando Serrano for temporarily borrowing his photo
Jeroen
check http://www.mittelmotor.de
they should have these parts (last time I checked they did)

the part shown above doesn't look stock either

unless you're going for a 100% original resto, I'd look into a Rich Johnson style mount
autohausdolby
That's the factory one with "ears" added on each side smile.gif

The Mittlemotor weld on one looks very similar to the original. It'll do if I can't find a carbon copy. To get my FIA Historic Certificate to race as easily as possible I want the car to be as correct as I can get it within budget.
gms
IMHO, if you have a factory 6 go with an original engine mount.
What parts do you need?
gms
I have one laying around
autohausdolby
All of them unfortunately. It has fallen victim to a sawzall at some point sad.gif

I'd like to bet he sold the mounts at the same time as the M471 arches it used to have. I still don't know the full story behind the car though.
autohausdolby
I'll post pictures when I can get them smile.gif
proto31
I also have the motor mount that is attached to the firewall and the bracket that attaches to it. The firewall mount was cut off of a destroyed six a decade ago by the guy I bought my project from. Both are in excellent condition. I do not have an extra rubber motor mount.

Dan
autohausdolby
Proto, have you got a photo handy of your mount? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.