Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 73 MPS in a 2.0 74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dads914
Let me start by saying that I did a search on this topic and could not find the answer.
Will an MPS out of a 73 2.0 p/n 0 280 100 037 be compatible with a 74 2.0 car with a completely stock engine and D-Jet system?
Thanks,
Greg
drgchapman
You need to read Brad Ander's site on D-jet.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetfund.htm

If I remember right, he thought the 74 MPS was the best one.......or something like that.
ptravnic
The 037 MPS will work if you have the 037 ECU & a specific CHT (forget the number on that though...). Brad Anders site gives the low down on compatibility.

-pt
Dads914
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 11 2006, 10:46 AM) *

The 037 MPS will work if you have the 037 ECU & a specific CHT (forget the number on that though...). Brad Anders site gives the low down on compatibility.

-pt

Thats the first place I went before i posted the topic here. From what I see on that site the 73 may not work in a 74 , But im looking for someone who has tried it in the real world. His site didnt give me a complete clear answer.
Greg
mihai914
It will work (even a 1.7 one will work), but it won't be the best, the car will run too rich or too lean and that's just asking for trouble and performance won't be optimal either. You need the combination of 037 ECU, 037 MPS, 017 CHT and the ballast resistor which people sometimes forget about. It's alot of specific stuff so that's probably why Brad preferred the 74+ 2.0 FI system, less parts and better availability since it was used over 3 years vs. one for the 73.

You have three options:

Gather all the 73 specific parts to go with the MPS.
Have yours recalibrated by Bleysing to 74 specs.
Trade your good one with someone else's good 74.

I think the third option is the best.
wilchek
They all work together for the most part just not good. I have a 73 system and it is kind of odd. Take your time and get the correct parts it is worth it in the long run. These devices change thru the range of throttle and are hard to make work if they are not the correct device.
Dads914
QUOTE(wilchek @ Oct 11 2006, 02:46 PM) *

They all work together for the most part just not good. I have a 73 system and it is kind of odd. Take your time and get the correct parts it is worth it in the long run. These devices change thru the range of throttle and are hard to make work if they are not the correct device.

Thank you all. I passed on the 73 MPS and am going to wait until I can find a working 74.
Thanks again for all your help,
Greg
zen motorcycle
can you give the info on the 73 MPS???

Always looking for spare parts
Bleyseng
QUOTE(zen motorcycle @ Oct 11 2006, 07:32 PM) *

can you give the info on the 73 MPS???

Always looking for spare parts

Info? 037 MPS fits
a 73 2.0L with the 037 ECU, 017 CHT w/270 ohm resistor...

On a 74, it will run fairly rich (blackened spark plugs)

popcorn[1].gif
nbscooters
You need the correct parts for the car otherwise its going to run like crap. Im trying to tackle my excessive fuel consumption because I bought a complete 2.0 FI top end off ebay for my car and come to find out that guy gave me mismatched d-jet parts that dont work with my car. Again it was my fault for not looking it over before purchasing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.