Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what I did today - a little picture story (absolutely teener related)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
Yesterday I decided to take this day off because it might be one of the very last really perfect days for an open-roof-teener-tour in this season. So I started close after noon towards the west, running a tour I didn't do for a couple of years.
While driving it was quite cold in the car, but every now and then I stopped for a break to enjoy the sun, the fresh air, the mountains and just the lovely scenery in this area.
Here's my first stop, less than half an hour from my place away
Gustl
The next passage was more interesting - narrow, twisty road leads up to the day's first saddle where I also stopped for a couple of minutes:

So.Cal.914
Looks like a Great day Wolfgang, wish I were there.
Gustl
I had to use one of the major transit routes from Tirol to Bavaria for a while, so I had to bear some traffic jam - but with an open roof and this postcard-weather it's not so bad biggrin.gif

And - as you can imagine - the scenery helps a lot, too
Gustl
After about two hours I reached the soooooo lovely Nature Reserve "Plansee" with its picturesque lake and scenery wub.gif
Gustl
more Nature Reserve
Gustl
On my further way I left Tirol and entered Bavaria (Germany) on a nice little road driving.gif
Gustl
No more photos from now on, because the road got more and more selective and I needed both hands on the steering wheel. I tried to zoom out the most exciting part of the road at Google Earth. It's the twisty green line between the two lakes.

Just to give you an idea - this part of the road is just about 5 miles long ...

As Paul said - it was a really great day driving.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
TINCAN914
What beautiful country...... clap56.gif
StratPlayer
Great pictures, a beautiful place you live in.. smilie_pokal.gif
defianty
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 11 2006, 08:39 PM) *

What beautiful country...... clap56.gif

agree.gif

Must have been a great day. coolpics.gif
TonyAKAVW
My wife and I have decided that we will be going to Switzerland and Austria for our next big vacation. I wish I could take my 914 with me!!!
Probably won't be for another year or more, but I can't wait!

-Tony
Mid_Engine_914
My ancestors used to hit each other over the head with clubs in that region and occasionally they still find some of their bodies preserved in the glacial ice.
Gustl
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Oct 11 2006, 10:22 PM) *

My wife and I have decided that we will be going to Switzerland and Austria for our next big vacation.

let me know when you're visiting my area and we could go for a beerchug.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
AZ914
Sehr schoen!
JPB
Sweet country bro!!

smilie_pokal.gif
ayama
That is awsome countryside!! I lived in Frankfurt for 5 yrs and that brings back such good memories of Europe!!! Many ski trips to Obertauern, Feldberg, Radstadt, Zauchensee such a beautiful country!! grouphug.gif That's where I picked up the love of all things VW!
type47fan
Beautiful area and perfect for a top off cruise!

Except for the lack of people, it reminds me of the area around Lake Tahoe, CA/NV.

Thanks for sharing, again!
DEC
da kann ich in der Norddeutschen Tiefebene nicht mithalten.

Schön, dass man noch Ziele haben kann biggrin.gif

Tolle Fotos wub.gif

Wilco driving.gif

P.S. uups, das war ja auf deutsch, Asche auf mein Haupt dead horse.gif
pfierb
Thanks for the beautiful pictures brought back memories of a driving trip in The Tirol and Austria 35 years ago with my wife in a rented Renault that broke down.While waiting for Hertz to bring us a new car we bought two bottles of local white wine from a farmer that pulled over in the same rest area.Well after finishing the 2 bottles and gazing at the scenery we were in great shape to continue the drive in our new Opel.What a wonderful day....Thanks for the reminder with your pictures.

Paul F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.