Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 L-Jet info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Did the 1975 L-Jet system have the throttle position sensor? I am using a bus system rigth now and it actually does not have such sensor, but the idle is ROCK SOLID.
MartyYeoman
Yes, it has a throttle position sensor.
It acts more like a switch.
It only senses WOT.
Nothing but WOT.
bd1308
INtresting, so no idle contacts too. My 74 one had two sets, one for idle and one for WOT. I was ready to put the TPS on...wheres the connector? It wasnt there.
jd66921
I have an idle sensor on my '75 914, but I don't know what it does
beyond what the manual says.

Jeff
bd1308
Intresting, VERY intresting.
jd66921
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 05:26 PM) *

Intresting, VERY intresting.

What are you plottimg?

popcorn[1].gif
Mueller
according to this site: Bus stuff, some years of the buses had no TPS...some had a microswitch on the TB and some had neither....

you might end up running lean at WOT...something that might not have been a concern with the buses???? confused24.gif

bd1308
I spend like 1.2% of my time at WOT
ClayPerrine
All of the L-Jet systems used on 914s had a throttle switch, and they all had contacts for wide open throttle and idle.

The 912E didn't have one of the contacts, IIRC it was the WOT contact, but I am not positive.

Bleyseng
On my 77 Westy, I think its all in the AFM as there are traces inside like a TPS. Nope, it doesn't run lean at WOT as it adjusts and set the AFR correctly.

Its a good alternative to Djet and could be adapted for use on a FI on the cheap set up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.