Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warrior Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
I bought a set of 4 lug Mahles today and they came with new 195/60R15 Warrior tires. I googled them and discovered they are made by Michelin China. Other than that I know nothing about them.

Anybody know anything about them?
Jerry
Yeah......my son has them on his 1973 bay window bus, he has had them on the bus for about 3 years now. They were bought at Discount Tires and the least expensive tires available. Good tires for the money, not performance, just average use tires.
messix
i read on the review on tire rack that these tires wear quickly and that many had vibration problems.
bd1308
on a BUS??!?!?

the bus needs a special heavy D Load rated tire...
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 08:04 PM) *

on a BUS??!?!?

I would imagine it's a VW BUS slap.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 11 2006, 08:04 PM) *

on a BUS??!?!?

or the damn bus sways down the road due to weak sidewalls...... blink.gif
Mueller
I have those on my wifes Hyundia Elantra, only real problem I have with them is that on the freeways here that have the grooves in them, the car wants to wander about and feels squirmy icon8.gif blink.gif It feels like I'm moving the steering wheel side to side...on smooth/normal freeways, no issues.

I don't think I'd buy them again, but if you've already paid for them, just run them unless you really plan on pushing your car.

KELTY360
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 12 2006, 09:01 AM) *

I have those on my wifes Hyundia Elantra, only real problem I have with them is that on the freeways here that have the grooves in them, the car wants to wander about and feels squirmy icon8.gif blink.gif It feels like I'm moving the steering wheel side to side...on smooth/normal freeways, no issues.

I don't think I'd buy them again, but if you've already paid for them, just run them unless you really plan on pushing your car.

Yeah, I went out for a some 'tire testing' and they felt a little twitchy, but I'v been used to 165/65/15 bicycle tires from when I got the car. This rubber was a throw in with the wheels so I can't go wrong til I'm ready to upgrade. they are brand new, still had their nubbies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.