Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geuss what i drove this weekend....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
My uncle bought this car a week ago or so because he got the car at wholesale and is going to turn around and sell it for much much more. 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello. 0-60 in 4.2.
bondo
Can I have the mufflers? (just kidding.. nice car!)

Seriously though... does it have the vacuum actuated mufflers? Is it obvious when they open up? Are they triggered by speed? RPM? Load? Throttle position?
malaga_red75
QUOTE(bondo @ Oct 11 2006, 09:09 PM) *

Seriously though... does it have the vacuum actuated mufflers? Is it obvious when they open up? Are they triggered by speed? RPM? Load? Throttle position?

If i understand waht your talking about, there are four exhasut pipes...two of which have valves that only open up when triggered by a 'sport' button on the dash, unfortunatly my uncle didnt let me play with it. But i was searching around on youtube.com and if u search 'Porsche 914 V8', there was a guy who put ferrari mufflers on his car and had the valves.

-peter
Lou W
Very cool driving.gif
bondo
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Oct 11 2006, 09:24 PM) *

If i understand waht your talking about, there are four exhasut pipes...two of which have valves that only open up when triggered by a 'sport' button on the dash, unfortunatly my uncle didnt let me play with it. But i was searching around on youtube.com and if u search 'Porsche 914 V8', there was a guy who put ferrari mufflers on his car and had the valves.

-peter

That's what I'm talking about! I knew about the 914 v8 application, and that's what I want to use them for. I just wanted to know when they open in the stock Ferrari application. You answered my question... thanks!
turboman808
See now thats what I need
A car hobby where you actualy make money and driver ferraris.
Ferg
QUOTE(bondo @ Oct 12 2006, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Oct 11 2006, 09:24 PM) *

-peter

That's what I'm talking about! I knew about the 914 v8 application, and that's what I want to use them for. I just wanted to know when they open in the stock Ferrari application. You answered my question... thanks!

Early Stealth Twin Turbo's and Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4s have a similar thing. They have sport and tour mode for exhaust. They are both 4 tip and from what I can tell, two tips used for tour, all four for sport.

Pic of a car i'm selling...
malaga_red75
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 12 2006, 10:09 AM) *

See now thats what I need
A car hobby where you actualy make money and driver ferraris.

yea dont we all wish, my uncle has his own business of buying-fixing up- and then selling Mercedes Sl's. (mostly old ones)

He was selling an sl to a guy who was gunna sell that car to the ferrari dealership fro about 75k, my uncle knew it was worth much more so he bought it from him and hopes to sell it for more!!

-Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.