Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sat. DFW Get Together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
We were going to have a get together on Sat, but no one has told me where.

jr91472
confused24.gif I am out of town the weekend. sad.gif
dagdal1967
Meeting at My House ... 10:00AM

1411 Shannon Place
Carrollton TX

My Phone number is 214-693-3039.

I've got RSVP's from Clay, Spare time Toys and Grelber... Anyone else?

CLAY...

I popped open the box of FI parts, and it looks like I have pretty much everything. I'm hoping you can confirm this on saturday and let me what the next steps are...

In the mean time, anything you can do to help me make the car run better with its single carb, I'd appreciate.

ClayPerrine
I will be there. I have to take 10 minutes in the morning to change the angle drive on my speedo....

BTW... There is a difference between a 911 angle drive and a 914 angle drive. This is nothing new to me, but visually they are almost identical. I grabbed a 911 angle drive and put it in my car. Now my speedo pegs at 0 all the time and the odometer runs backwards.... headbang.gif

We should be able to tell if we have all the stuff to fix your fuel injection. If not,we can figure out what you need.

See you on Sat!
Grelber
Clay: My speedo works, but neither the odometer or trip odometer work. You think that's something internal to the speedo? Is it the same cable?

dagdal1967
QUOTE(Grelber @ Oct 12 2006, 10:32 AM) *

Clay: My speedo works, but neither the odometer or trip odometer work. You think that's something internal to the speedo? Is it the same cable?

This sounds like a common problem where the gears in the odometer and trip-o-meter are stripped or out of align... (or something).

Ther is actually a document around somewhere on how to rebuild your speedo and fix these problems... I think its on the PP site.

Doug
ClayPerrine
I will bring a junk speedo to show you what has to be done to fix it.

It's fairly easy, but it takes some patience.

Somebody bring a digital camera and take picts. We can post it as a thread here.

Grelber
I read the fix on the PP site. Sounds like it takes a lot more patience than I've got.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Grelber @ Oct 12 2006, 02:15 PM) *

I read the fix on the PP site. Sounds like it takes a lot more patience than I've got.

Naaa.. it's easy... Just takes a little time.

dagdal1967
I've got a Digital Camera... We can put this together if we get a scribe and someone to take pics..
LowGT
Bump for the DFW people.

I'm going to try and make it out, but being a 2nd shift employee 10am on a Sat is a tall order. smile.gif I have some extra FI stuff I can bring incase you might need it.

Dan
zen motorcycle
Just got finnished You guys still over there?
spare time toys
I came past but it was around 1:30 before I could get over to that side of town. No cars out front so I went down the alley and saw the blue 914 in the garage but no one around so I went down and checked out the car show at Uneque Performance. Tons of nice cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.