Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rtalich
Didn't want to start this morning... I kind of new something was not right because I didn't hear the fuel pump when I turned the key on. I didn't really have time to troubleshoot. Any ideas where to start looking when I get home tonight? I did check the fuses really quick and they all seemed to look OK.

One thing that may or may not be relevant. I replaced my heater blower motor last night and while doing so I connected the wires to make sure it powered up before installing it. Well, after getting it installed it wouldn't work. So, need to fix that problem too. May be related to the fuel pump problem.... confused24.gif

Any ideas would be most helpful.

Thanks...
rhodyguy
check the fuses on the engine compartment relay board rob. the fan ran fine. also, there is a green wire on the bottom of red knobed heat /flapper lever in the interior. it provides the ground for the aux fan when pulled fully up. did you get my reply pm last night?

k
sportlicherFahrer
I would start with checkin fuses on the relay board, and swapping relays around as well. If that doesnt work, see if the connector for the fuel pump is getting a power signal. I had a problem for a while with my F/P connector coming loose. I would just touch it lightly and it would work again. Easy stuff first!!! cool.gif
rhodyguy
rob, the won't start (often used) is confusing. it turns over but no fire? did you try the *magic* button? like oldschool (john) has learned, always take the ground off the battery prior to hooking elect items up.

k
rhodyguy
also, does your alarm have a ignition disable and a reset button?

k
Bleyseng
look at the fuses on the relay board as one controls the fuel pump/Aux fan..and you was playing with a new fan which means ya probably snapped that fuse.

rtalich
Thanks for all the reply's... OK newbie question. Where is the relay board?

For clarification... it turn over just fine, strong battery.
rtalich
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 12 2006, 08:11 AM) *

check the fuses on the engine compartment relay board rob. the fan ran fine. also, there is a green wire on the bottom of red knobed heat /flapper lever in the interior. it provides the ground for the aux fan when pulled fully up. did you get my reply pm last night?

k

Yeah, the fan did run fine. I checked it with a 12v power supply before I checked it with the actual hook up wires in the car. Both ran the fan with no problem. After installing is when it didn't work anymore.

Yes, just got your PM.... will reply smile.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(rtalich @ Oct 12 2006, 08:47 AM) *

Thanks for all the reply's... OK newbie question. Where is the relay board?

For clarification... it turn over just fine, strong battery.

driver's side engine compartment opposite the battery is the relay board. Underneath a cover after removing the knured nut is the relays and two fuses.

Good time to pull the relays carefully and clean the prongs before reinstalling.

rhodyguy
it's this one. does the car have an aftermarket points replacement setup? pull a spark plug and check for spark.

k
rtalich
Thank you all for your help!! It was a blown fuse on the relay board. aktion035.gif
Dr Evil
Check the connector to the AAR (someone give a pic please) as they tend to short out to the block and are on the same circuit as the fuel pump. Common problem if the insulation is missing around the connector or the insulation is missing elsewhere.
rtalich
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 12 2006, 07:31 PM) *

Check the connector to the AAR (someone give a pic please) as they tend to short out to the block and are on the same circuit as the fuel pump. Common problem if the insulation is missing around the connector or the insulation is missing elsewhere.

Will do... thanks for the tip!!
rtalich
One other thing I forgot to mention... I HAVE HEAT mueba.gif
rhodyguy
carry one extra of those correct amperage fuses. wink.gif post some pictures of your nice car rob. but not the mystery button.

k
rtalich
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 13 2006, 07:33 AM) *

carry one extra of those correct amperage fuses. wink.gif post some pictures of your nice car rob. but not the mystery button.

k

What for, I just wrapped the old fuse with tin foil. w00t.gif Just kidding... Got some extras in the glove box. Will post some pics this weekend... (and why not the secret button?) driving.gif
Bleyseng
pic I took
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.