Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: shipping large parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
i maybe shipping a rear bumper and possibly a targa top. what's a cost-effective way to ship? UPS ,DHL...or freight lines?

Robin mueba.gif
GWN7
Greyhound
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 12 2006, 08:10 PM) *

Greyhound

Wow,, they still ship? i amflabberghasted blink.gif
GWN7
$35 to ship a front hood from ND to TN, $42 to ship another from ND to TX, $100 to ship 4 wheels and F&R bumperpads from CA to ND, $37 to ship a compleat early backpad & seat from IL to ND, $25 to ship a rear window from ND to CA.............

Best way i have found to ship large items anywhere in the USA....the whole area between the wheels on a bus is cargo space.

turboman808
I ship things from work. They get a good discount from either UPS or FedEx so it works out pretty good.
PORobinSCHE
Bruce, thank you very much. i had a few folks interested in bumpers. i was concerned about a hassle of shipping(and price) . are they picky about packaging? or can you just slap a big sticker on it?

best to you beerchug.gif

Robin

McMark
FYI, Greyhound does not ship door to door. The receiver must pick it up at the local greyhound station. Check their website for details.
GWN7
Get some old cardboard boxes and cut them to wrap around any flat items like a bumper. Protect the edges. On the fiberglass hood I shipped I wrapped bubble wrap on the edges before wraping in cardboard.

linky to check greyhounds freight rates: http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

pkg size restrictions: 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches.

weight restrictions: 100 lbs
VegasRacer
agree.gif IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.