Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AZ Emmissions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
My tags expired right before I sent the car off to Joe for the 3.2 conversion. I tried to sneak the 1.8 through before the swap so I wouldn't have to deal with getting the new motor through for another two years. Well, the 1.8 barely failed at idle. So I said screw it, I'll see what happens after the 3.2 is in.

I took the car in today and it passed with flying colors! Somehow my '75 passed the visual inspection with no cat in sight. They were also able to verify that the gas tank lid was in place without opening the front trunk. These guys are truly amazing at what they do. wacko.gif

Let's hope in two years when I go back that the same idiots are working there.
TravisNeff
Bastard! My 1.7 failed back in May - haven't fixed it and gone in for a retest yet.

They do a visual on your 75? No visual was done on my 72 or 73
TravisNeff
Duh, obviously you are meaning a visual check for your cat, not on the engine.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 12 2006, 05:29 PM) *

Correct-a-mundo. They put their little mirror under there...had no idea what they were looking at and then gave it the 'ol thumb3d.gif
Trevorg7
Public sector, gota love 'em

T
Series9
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 12 2006, 07:56 PM) *

Correct-a-mundo. They put their little mirror under there...had no idea what they were looking at and then gave it the 'ol thumb3d.gif

They probably saw the O2 sensor and assumed it was screwed into the cat.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:59 PM) *

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 12 2006, 07:56 PM) *

They probably saw the O2 sensor and assumed it was screwed into the cat.

Header...cat...who can tell the difference?(ok, ok....even I can) And I can ASSURE you, these guys had no fuchin' idea that was an O2 sensor.
Slowpoke
"Idiots" I don't get it. You can go back and ask for a better inspection and fail. Then you would bitch about that. Maybe the guy thought cool car and just let you go. Why does that make him an idiot?? Do you think it really matters to him if he passes you or not? But, it will matter to you and your wallet When I was doing vehicle safety inpections back on the east coast I would pass people on minor infractions just if they had a good attitude. I never thought they were thinking I'm an idiot for doing it. Don't like public servants, great, don't call 911. Rant over!
MoveQik
QUOTE(Slowpoke @ Oct 12 2006, 10:22 PM) *

"Idiots" I don't get it. You can go back and ask for a better inspection and fail. Then you would bitch about that. Maybe the guy thought cool car and just let you go. Why does that make him an idiot?? Do you think it really matters to him if he passes you or not? But, it will matter to you and your wallet When I was doing vehicle safety inpections back on the east coast I would pass people on minor infractions just if they had a good attitude. I never thought they were thinking I'm an idiot for doing it. Don't like public servants, great, don't call 911. Rant over!

Ok...you are right. Maybe I was too quick to judge. Perhaps he isn't an idiot. More than likely he is just a slackass that doesn't give a fuch about his job. Either way, I'm not complaining. I'm just making a note of it. In fact, if you read my post, you'll see that I was so impressed with the way he did his job that I hoped he would be there to inspect my car again in two years.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, he isn't a public servant. The companies that do our inspections are private.

Anything else?biggrin.gif
AZ914
Yeah, well they stick the mirror under my 75 so I assume they see the CAT but who knows. Also, the DID see and comment on the air pump and filter on top of my motor (even though it isn't running). So.. consider yourself lucky. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 13 2006, 07:32 AM) *

Yeah, well they stick the mirror under my 75 so I assume they see the CAT but who knows. Also, the DID see and comment on the air pump and filter on top of my motor (even though it isn't running). So.. consider yourself lucky. biggrin.gif

Believe me, I do! It just depends who you get I suppose.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 12 2006, 04:58 PM) *
no cat in sight.

Cat - Dog - Sheep. I don't give a fuch.
Sign the form, take my money, and I am outta here.
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 13 2006, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 12 2006, 04:58 PM) *
no cat in sight.

Cat - Dog - Sheep. I don't give a fuch.
Sign the form, take my money, and I am outta here.

John...this isn't a dating service we are talking about here. poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.