Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Just expereinced my most crazy road rage expereince
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I was on my usual commute home over the Santa Cruz Mountains. Traffic was moving along at good clip 70 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. Up races a Volvo XC70 on the right side and cuts in front of me. Then a Honda Prelude does the same thing. Prelude proceeds to run up the tail pipe of the Volvo. Then brilliant Volvo driver slams on the brakes. Prelude narrowly avoids rear ending the Volvo. I'm freaking out with traffic moving at 70 MPH behind me. I just slowed down and gave these nuts room.

THEN the Prelude driver goes left into the median throwing up dust, crap etc at 70 MPH next to the Volvo and then goes for the NASCAR hip check into his lane. He did this with cars all around him all following too close. Holy #%^#%^! Volvo swerves into slow lane and forces andother car into right hand median. Miracously no one loses control or makes contact.

I think the Prelude driver realized he had gone over the edge so then he slams on brakes and dives off an off ramp right in front of me agian.

Randal, Youre right Nor Cal drivers are absolutely freaking nuts!
DanT
that is exactly why I am glad my commute to the office is ~10 mins on surface streets. At least that way the speeds are lower so any idiots aren't going to create quite as much carnage as at 70+. sad.gif

too many crazies out there. dry.gif

Souds like you lucked out Grant....Makes you want to drive a big old 80s tank so that if you get hit it doesn't matter....
MrKona
You always wish there was a cop around in these situations. Well, here's road rage justice in Portland. Great story! mueba.gif

Road Rage Justice
machina
that would just be an everday commute down here in miami driving.gif

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 12 2006, 11:06 PM) *

I was on my usual commute home over the Santa Cruz Mountains. Traffic was moving along at good clip 70 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. Up races a Volvo XC70 on the right side and cuts in front of me. Then a Honda Prelude does the same thing. Prelude proceeds to run up the tail pipe of the Volvo. Then brilliant Volvo driver slams on the brakes. Prelude narrowly avoids rear ending the Volvo. I'm freaking out with traffic moving at 70 MPH behind me. I just slowed down and gave these nuts room.

THEN the Prelude driver goes left into the median throwing up dust, crap etc at 70 MPH next to the Volvo and then goes for the NASCAR hip check into his lane. He did this with cars all around him all following too close. Holy #%^#%^! Volvo swerves into slow lane and forces andother car into right hand median. Miracously no one loses control or makes contact.

I think the Prelude driver realized he had gone over the edge so then he slams on brakes and dives off an off ramp right in front of me agian.

Brian Mifsud
Grant,

You should frame this a little more graphically to the uninformed.. he's talking about Hiway 17 which is 2 lanes going and coming.. all twisties.. lots of camber changes with each curve. 1940's lane widths (narrow).. the "forest" or cliffs are right at the edge of the road median.. It's basically like you are a log running down a water sluice hurtling toward a sawmill!

It's "touchy" even with people driving responsibly.. talk about "Hair trigger" accidents waiting to happen.
DanT
This event had to happen either before or after the main hill. That area is all 50mph it doesnt get back to 65 until Scotts Valley....also there is no room in the center you get about a foot and then you get K wall... (over the hill) Where were you Grant?
Trekkor
I remember someone had painted "valley surprise~~~~>" on the wall just before the resivoir on the way to San Jose.

When I was in High School, me and a friend drove 17 at 115mph in his Dodge Dart GT with helmets on... unsure.gif

KT
Chris Pincetich
aahhh hwy 17, the memories. I don't drive it now except for a weekend trip to see friends and surf, but when I was on it regularly, it was never the same each day. Had a psycho rice rocket biker try to pass me at ~90mph, I didn't see him behind on the curve and when I merged to pass someone else, almost pinched him to the wall. Well, the stunts he started pullin in front of me to piss me off had the whole freeway backed up for 20-30 cars. Another time, an accident occurred on the opposite direction in front of us, and as we were drving 60 mph a loose tire bounce over the center barrier and into our lane, heading right at us. It was sureal, and we avoided another accident. Whew, glad you didn' t have to deal with their car -nage and nobody wrecked.beerchug.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 12 2006, 09:01 PM) *

This event had to happen either before or after the main hill. That area is all 50mph it doesnt get back to 65 until Scotts Valley....also there is no room in the center you get about a foot and then you get K wall... (over the hill) Where were you Grant?

You were right. It was flat section headed through Scotts Valley. I have been commuting the hill for a total of 15 years. This was the wildest thing I have seen in all my years of driving.
So.Cal.914
It's when that happens that I wish I were driving a certian DB-5.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 12 2006, 09:10 PM) *

I remember someone had painted "valley surprise~~~~>" on the wall just before the resivoir on the way to San Jose.

When I was in High School, me and a friend drove 17 at 115mph in his Dodge Dart GT with helmets on... unsure.gif

KT

Ahhh Trekkors first track event...
davep
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 12 2006, 10:59 PM) *

It's when that happens that I wish I were driving a certian DB-5.

Absolutely. The first thought that came to me. An RPG can come in handy so many times. Or, just that simple machine gun. The Vanquish came well equipped for this type of event.
Randal
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 12 2006, 08:06 PM) *

It is really hard to believe hey? blink.gif

Time to start running a video on the way over/back. Tape an offender and send it to the CPH. Might clean up the highways a bit.

Being totally crazy on 17 today is just nuts.
TJB/914
If that happened in Detroit someone would have died of gun shot wounds. Respect wild freeway drivers in Detroit. They pack real guns.

Tom
grantsfo
QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 13 2006, 11:43 AM) *

Time to start running a video on the way over/back. Tape an offender and send it to the CPH. Might clean up the highways a bit.

I was thinking the same thing. There was a guy that used to take pictures of the crazy people on HWY 17 and post them on a website. Now that was funny.
jhadler
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 13 2006, 11:36 AM) *

I was thinking the same thing. There was a guy that used to take pictures of the crazy people on HWY 17 and post them on a website. Now that was funny.

I remember that! The HWY 17 wall of shame or something like that...

Yeah, 17 is nutso. Had a friend wrack his car up on the wall, but it was his fault. Reaching for a CD on the floor... wacko.gif

I always prefered La Honda, or Route 9 over the hill. But then, it was always for fun (on 2 wheels or 4), and not on a daily basis...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.