Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Seat Brackets...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hey guys...

Just got my 914 but the seats are thrashed....rest of the interior is great though. Does anyone know if the Seat Track is seprate from the Seat itself on a stock 1975 914? IF I buy some aftermarket Recaro type seats can I adapt the factory brackets if in fact they are separate?

Thanks...

Quad
DanT
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Oct 12 2006, 10:00 PM) *

Hey guys...

Just got my 914 but the seats are thrashed....rest of the interior is great though. Does anyone know if the Seat Track is seprate from the Seat itself on a stock 1975 914? IF I buy some aftermarket Recaro type seats can I adapt the factory brackets if in fact they are separate?

Thanks...

Quad

Yes they are separate....slide the seats off the traks and get them out of the car.
the mechanism unbolts from the bottom of the seat....you can make brackets or some seat manufacturers make a bracket to adapt the new seats to the 914 mechanism... smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Sitting in the seat reach down and grab the loop shaped handle lift up, if

broken off a pair of vicegrips should do it. And a secondary stop can be released

by reaching on that same side on the track, depress and remove seat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.