Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still looking for a source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
914-559-253-10

I am looking for 2 or more. I have checked the usual suspects, but I guess they are NLA unless someone has a couple for me.

These keep the engine lid from banging into the rear portion of the targa bar when the engine lid is released. (I do keep my hand there anyway, but it is nice to have them in there)

I posted this same topic a month ago or more, and people thought they were available. I have ordered them from Pelican, but the orders are canceled as they claim they can't get them. AA claims to have them, but you know how that goes.....
TINCAN914
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Oct 13 2006, 10:27 AM) *

914-559-253-10

I am looking for 2 or more. I have checked the usual suspects, but I guess they are NLA unless someone has a couple for me.

These keep the engine lid from banging into the rear portion of the targa bar when the engine lid is released. (I do keep my hand there anyway, but it is nice to have them in there)

I posted this same topic a month ago or more, and people thought they were available. I have ordered them from Pelican, but the orders are canceled as they claim they can't get them. AA claims to have them, but you know how that goes.....

Since I have no clue what yor talking about I can be of no help, but could someone post a picture of wht they look like?
jk76.914
same pic I posted last time. I got them new from AA, but they were dear.

Click to view attachment
william harris
This part is still available new from Porsche. I know, I bought several of them. BTW, the same part goes into the holes under the front truck by the front valance. I might have a couple of used ones, but believe me this part is available new. I will check my parts stash, I might have a couple of the old ones.
John
QUOTE(william harris @ Oct 13 2006, 09:28 AM) *

This part is still available new from Porsche. I know, I bought several of them. BTW, the same part goes into the holes under the front truck by the front valance. I might have a couple of used ones, but believe me this part is available new. I will check my parts stash, I might have a couple of the old ones.

How long ago did you purchase them? Which dealer did you use? I thought Pelican had access to dealer parts and they keep telling me NLA. My local Porsche dealer (ARISTOCRAT MOTORS) is HORRABLE and I refuse to use them ever again.

Any suggestions?
JWest
Did you try OEM-91455925310 at pelican? They show the basic part # as NLA but this variant at $1.15 and ships in a week.
TJB/914
JOHNMAN

Also, get one of these to be period correct. It fits on the rear part of the engine lid to avoid hitting the trunk lid. I don't have an extra.

Tom
william harris
I got mine from my local Porsche dealer, took a couple of days and these were only a few $$. Ira Porsche in Danvers, MA. They have gotten almost anything I wanted, even getting parts from Germany many times.
John
QUOTE(James Adams @ Oct 13 2006, 10:04 AM) *

Did you try OEM-91455925310 at pelican? They show the basic part # as NLA but this variant at $1.15 and ships in a week.

James,

I have ordered that part (twice now) and each time it comes back as NLA and they cancel it off of my order.

I have tried Stoddard and they claim NLA.

I tried Mittle Motors and they don't list the part.

PET has an E in front of the part number (NLA).

If they are available at
John
Tomas,

What the heck?

The car is a 74. I believe those were only on the early cars.

3.2 engines are not exactly period correct either.

I just want to be able to use my engine lid as the hinges are missing the rubber bumper stoppers (buffers).
GeorgeRud
Why not just get some threaded rubber bumpers or stem bumpers from McMaster-Carr? I'm sure Porsche just ordered them from some industrial supply house back then anyway.
GWN7
I just looked, I have one on the 70 (the round ones). They are different than the bump stops for when you close the lid. I'll take it off the car tomorrow and cast some over the weekend.

As to the long one in Thomas's post, it's a simple one to reproduce also. Just need one to copy. Sure they are NLA? Last time I looked it showed them as instock.

*Edit- Just looked, the long one in Thomas's post is part number 914 512 195 10 and it shows it as NLA (E)
GWN7
Couldn't get one off the 70 so I took one off the 73. It came off in two pieces. The center of the nib is hollow. I guess it needs that for when it's compressed into the hole.

Bleyseng
early and late are different too.

I used a front lid bumper and cut it down so it woud fit in the engine lid. Works fine but I would like to get a new one too.
GWN7
Geoff,

PET only shows one part number and looking at the one on the 70 it looks the same as the one I took off the 73.

How do they differ?
John
It came off in two pieces.

That is EXACTLY why I need some.
GWN7
Me too now. smile.gif

It's 1/2 done, I'll finish it tomorrow and have the first one done Monday.
GWN7
First one is done....brass screw is for photographic purposes only

markb
clap56.gif
JPB
I zay, yo needz to look unto unt gooden schcrap hyard.

beer.gif
John
Wow!

Are you going to make some? Can I get a couple? My front valence could use them as well....
GWN7
Yes and yes.

I still need to know about the early versus late styles? (if there is a difference)

I have one mold for them and it takes 24 hrs to make one. So any requests will be filled on a first come basis.

As to cost I have to weigh them and compare it to the increase in material supplies that I got hit with today.

GWN7
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 18 2006, 03:21 PM) *

I zay, yo needz to look unto unt gooden schcrap hyard.

beer.gif

The problem with any in a scrap yard is they have been on the car as long as mine and if you try to take them off they become two pieces. 35 years of being exposed to UV/ozone and the engine heat make them brittle.

I had to guess on the Shore Hardness (measurement of density) of the original one. Even cutting it in 1/2 was no help as it broke into pieces when being cut.
JoeSharp
Bruce: I'm going to need a bunch of them. Say 20. PM me.
:PERMAGREN: Joe
GWN7
Pricing info is up in the resource section
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.