Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 siting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
I was driving on the 215 south about 3/4 miles before palm/kendall exit and I saw a white 914 on jack stands on the right side of the road. I exited Kendall and turned around to the person's house and saw two more 914s. One was purple/maroon color and the other looks like parts car. The cars were behind a chain linked fence. It looked like a dangerous area so I didn't bother to knock. Does it belong to anyone here?
huh.gif
drdstny
QUOTE(will @ Oct 13 2006, 01:27 PM) *

Does it belong to anyone here?
huh.gif

No, but I know the cars you speak of, and they're in 2 different yards.

The white one (with the 944) isn't for sale, at least as far as anyone at that truck place can say. The other 3 are owned by a guy named Gilbert. That yard is just a yard without a house, and everything in it is for sale, including the backhoe, etc. However, he lives in LA and IIRC his phone number is in the 626 area code (maybe 323 or 818 but not 909 or 949 or the rest). There's a yellow '73 that he said he's owned since new and won't sell, but he said he'd sell the '71 and '72 for $100 the pair. They are REALLY rough, and probably only woth 600-800 for both IMHO, but if you're really interested I drive by there twice a day and can stop in to his next door neighbor and get the number again.

BTW, I think you're driving my old car. :-) Is your son Greg from CO?
will
have you had a chance to look at the maroon car up close? From the street it looks pretty nice, a bit dirty though. It probably has a bunch of rust. Why is the white one not for sale? can you get his number and name for me? It couldn't hurt to ask him if we can look at the cars. May be I can convince him to sell his yellow one.

my car was purschase from a guy in san diego. He has many beautiful porsche cars and decided to sell his 914 to me. My car was very rough at first. After a few grande invest in the motor and trans, it runs like knew. It now looks nothing like the day I purchased it.
thanks,
will biggrin.gif
drdstny
Yeah, I can stop in and get his number from the neighbor. Hopefully she won't mind another visit. :-)

Keep in mind the maroon/yellow/black cars are in one yard and the white car is in another. Different owners, coincidental geography. The white car and 944 are owned by an enthusiast. if you look at them now, they're both up on tall jackstands getting ready for work. When that 914 arrived, it was on the other side of that same yard, on its hooves, and all alone. That was only about 4 months ago, so it's unlikely to be forgotten.

OBTW, I mis-stated the price. It was $1,100 for the maroon & black cars. You could be right about the Wheels of Benjamin greasing sticky sellers. I'd be happy to help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.