Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's "Right" With This Picture?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I L-O-V-E donor cars... biggrin.gif

Identify what's "unique" in this photo.

Click to view attachment

Bonus Round: What car is the latest victim to become a 914 donor?

Click to view attachment
michel richard
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 13 2006, 02:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

/6 calipers, I believe !

Quite a find.
914forme
Ferrari 308

I did these back in the 90s before they became unattainable.... They are now worth ~500 - 600 dollars in core.
McMark
Did they drill and tap a second bleeder screw? blink.gif
Eric_Shea
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding... (Dave, you're snoozing).

308 calipers are identical to 914-6/GT calipers (spacers etc.) with the exception of the bleeder placement. We machine a second bleeder (like the late model 914 calipers) and they become donor calipers. wink.gif
McMark
With the tapered seat in the bottom and everything? thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
With the tapered seat in the bottom and everything?

Yup... had to wait a week for the special tap to cut that. (otherwise it would be difficult biggrin.gif )
IronHillRestorations
Now for the real question:

What does that make my set of NOS 914-6 rear calipers worth? biggrin.gif
914forme
So do I win them av-943.gif

Wish I still had my last set of them, but then that was the old days. I got married had kids, $$$$$ now fly out the windows.
draperjojo
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............SNORT! Whoa, I'm awake now!!

It wouldn't have been fair for me to answer, cause he told me what they were when I was over the other night drinking all of his free beer........I like free beer!!
davep
Sorry to disappoint you, I just came online. I just finished the 50 COA's I have, getting them properly organized.

Little differences here and there. Are the pin holes the same size on them? They appear to be the same size in the photos.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 13 2006, 03:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Martin Baker would have gotten this too... He told me about it months ago. I remember laughing at the thought that a Ferrari could be a donor car for anything!
jimtab
av-943.gif Hey Eric, I think Howie has your bleed hose.... av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
NOS 914-6 calipers are worth what someone will pay for them biggrin.gif

Latest eBay numbers show $1100 - $1200

Pin holes are the same size on these. Dave you were supposed to notice that they were ATE -6 (or 308) calipers and there are now 2 bleeders wink.gif

Oh... and Martin would "not" have gotten this one correct. He's still in the garage with the Blue -6 and the big bag-o-ganja smoke.gif lol3.gif
davep
Yes I did notice that, but since it was already stated I didn't bother to mention it. Are these calipers hard to find? I'm sure the Ferrari owners might drop a lot of coin into your ready hands.
Eric_Shea
Yes, these are fairly hard to find now as well. They require a machine shop that knows what they're doing if you want them on a Porsche. I have a very expensive paperweight to prove it.

Because they are later, I feel they have slightly better internals than the original 914-6 or 914-6/GT caliper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.