Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice Wanted: Car Cover on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
This car cover on eBay is a screaming deal at $21.95, but you gotta wonder if it isn't too good of a deal to actually be worth anything. I'm not sure if any club members sell a 914 cover, but I know the "umbrella" style is made by a club member and I believe the cost is more than $25 so I'm suspicious. Anybody got any experience with this vendor or the goods they are offering? Winter is coming soon!
sean_v8_914
Wallmart Budge LITE size 2
ThinAir
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 13 2006, 11:11 PM) *

Wallmart Budge LITE size 2

Do you mean that it's the same as this?
JPB
I have the Walley World deal and it works just fine. It is only a crap cover and does not stop the rain though. You might need a water proof cover to cover the first cover if ya need a cover to cover it.10Xfast

beer.gif $99 Pep Boys canvas car port is much better for them water proofing situations.
BMartin914
Not for outside use!

If your car is indoors, it is fine to act as a dust cover, but the small furry creatures really like them to make nesting material out of and they WILL trap moisture between the cover and the paint creating problems for a nice paint job. I had one freeze to the paint of one of my cars. Destroyed the cover trying to get it off. There are still some "imperfections" left behind. Luckily for me, the painjob is probably a 5 out 10 now that it is 23 years old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.