Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 4 sale on the "E"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary#
E-Bay item number: 320036006308
I asked;
Wow! Beautiful car! Believe me - no disrespect.
But if there were to be any rust anywhere... where might it be? Where's the battery tray located?
Why is it carb'd? Do you have the orig complete F.I? In case ya can't tell, I luv 914's. All of 'em and I want yours!
Cheers, Gary
BTW - I live in Orange County, Ca. 90620
---
He replied;
very little please read the add it will tell you all about any rust the battery tray perfect its carb because i bought it that way and it runs great orig f.i.?i dont know what your talking about sorry. i love 914 also and i would not be selling this one if i wassent trying to save my house and you being like me the whole thing is starting to freak me out i have had this car for 20 years thanks kevin
---
I replied;
Other than the 914-6 that was made from 1970 to 1972 which had carbs from the factory. All 914-4's were (f.i.) fuel injected with either L-jet or D-Jet. But I'm sure that after 20 yrs of ownership you knew that & probably just forgot...
So you must have an extremely rare never before seen factory 1973 914-6.
It must be worth a mint!!!
Thx,
---
Am I wrong? Or just EvilBay PARANOID confused24.gif blink.gif

John
Looks like nice bumpers on the car.

TravisNeff
Front plate is Minnesota. I would think there might be a little rust hinding on that car - maybe not but?
sean_v8_914
he could just be one of those guys that pays to have things done. car looks good in the ad. check out the clock to the right of teh steering colum under teh speedo
Hoss
Minny plate on the front, and nothing on the rear. Could be that he does not want to display the CA plates in the ad, but I would prefer to know that it has been registered in CA.

It does not look rusted, not am I saying that it is an issue, but since you are in OC and there are plenty of Club folks close to where this car is, take the time to verify.

highways
Ask him if he'll throw in the jack stands. That'll fish out the fishy. chowtime.gif

Actually, looks like a nice car at a nice price.
Hammy
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 13 2006, 10:53 PM) *

he could just be one of those guys that pays to have things done. car looks good in the ad. check out the clock to the right of teh steering colum under teh speedo

agree.gif
Some people just like to drive cars and not work on them.
davep
Not a 73 front bumper. Looks to be originally yellow. Terrible carbs.
Bleyseng
single pos weber barf.gif
GWN7
Car used to be faster...........colour change....yellow showing in trunk

He's owned it for 20 yrs? Hmmm
JPB
They all have rust due to condensation in the hollow body parts like the longs, center tunnel ect where they will eventually give under stress easily identified as sag if some heavy set individual sits in a seat and she droops down thus making the window hard to role up. Original owner, probably not. Runs okay with carb, yes but not optimal. A good purchase, yes if you inspect it yourself, in person, and belive know is. Original, right, in what context?

I sencerely suggest you find a 914 that looks just like the one you want without having to change anything so you don't have to put thousands into it later in structural repair(s), rims, bumpers, ENGINE, interior, fenders, paint............ Save about 5K and take your time because all of the above will take alot of time and money in the long run. Believe me, we would all rather drive than fix these things.

beer.gif Remember, beer money!!!
skline
I drove Carmen to one of her teaching assingments last week as I had a job down in SD the same day and this car was down the street from where I dropped her off and we stopped and looked at it. The car was a total POS needing so much I didnt even bother to take any pictures of it and even made a comment to Carmen that is was not even worth my time at the $6k price tag he had on it.

skline
Let me just add, it looks way better in his pictures than it does in person.
rhodyguy
auction ended. did not make reserve.

k
Gary#
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 14 2006, 09:48 AM) *

I drove Carmen to one of her teaching assingments last week as I had a job down in SD the same day and this car was down the street from where I dropped her off and we stopped and looked at it. The car was a total POS needing so much I didnt even bother to take any pictures of it and even made a comment to Carmen that is was not even worth my time at the $6k price tag he had on it.

---
Thx so much!!! From the picz it pretty much looked like a 20 foot car to me.

But with a E-vil reserve price above 4K? 2much4me KMA.gif
So I wasn't gonna win it anyway.
Nice 2 know I didn't miss out on a nice '73 on the cheap...

Spoke
"no heata coils"

Maybe its a water pumper? Or electric heat???

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.