Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replying to a craiglist ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
what's the trick? ms as editor, how do i import(?) info to my email?

k
Allan
I just copy the link at the top of the ad.
rhodyguy
my inhouse tech advisor got out of bed. the ole' copy and paste.

k
rhodyguy
mailer deamon kicked back 2 emails. say the ad read, sale-123456@craigslist.org. do i delete the "sale" portion and then send the email?

k
rhodyguy
please explain this crap to me.

k
Unfortunately, your mail was not delivered to the following address:

<217907513@craigslist.org>:
66.150.243.2 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <outbound-mail.nyc.untd.com[64.136.20.164]>: Client host
rejected: outbound-mail.nyc.untd.com. is blacklisted
Giving up on 66.150.243.2.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path: <jspksp@netzero.com>
Received: from webmail06.nyc.untd.com (webmail06.nyc.untd.com [10.141.27.146])
by smtpout02.nyc.untd.com with SMTP id AABCVCFDCAJSYGKA
for <217907513@craigslist.org> (sender <jspksp@netzero.com>);
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
X-UNTD-OriginStamp: JRVsAnWQbF5ji4b2IHcEHRlC1alOWIPSofqtAUJZkjmMXdKp7DieLw==
Received: (from jspksp@netzero.com)
by webmail06.nyc.untd.com (jqueuemail) id L4NJG98S; Sat, 14 Oct 2006 09:45:42 PDT
Received: from [66.52.218.170] by webmail06.nyc.untd.com with HTTP:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:45:04 GMT
X-Originating-IP: [66.52.218.170]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Allan
Copy it to your address bar and then delete everything except the:

123456@craigslist.org
rhodyguy
i tried the *sale-* and <> delete. still kicked back. the "blacklisted" text has me all wtf does that mean.

k
Mountain914
Mail servers will sometimes "black list" another mail server if spam / harrasment / etc... comes across.
The message you see states that the craiglist mailserver mxi2s.craigslist.org [66.150.243.2] automatically rejects all messages coming from either that specific mailserver, or more probably, anything from untd.com (which carries netzero). This could be very possible that united online has sent spam to craigslist - in the form of "join netzero" etc...
It's usually too much a pain in the butt to get another company to "clear" the domain sender, so:
My suggestion, create a quick hotmail or yahoo mail account and send that way, or, use an intermediary person.
But either way - sale-217907513@craigslist.org is who you want to e-mail it to (don't remove the sale-)
rhodyguy
we'll see if the member that was going to forward my info hears back. i posted a wtb and mentioned both cars in the ad. why would cl accept an ad but deny a response? because nz has/had somesort of auto reply that crossed the not ok to solicit line?

k
Mountain914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 14 2006, 10:11 PM) *

we'll see if the member that was going to forward my info hears back. i posted a wtb and mentioned both cars in the ad. why would cl accept an ad but deny a response? because nz has/had somesort of auto reply that crossed the not ok to solicit line?

k

I think posting an ad is web based vs. sending e-mail to a seller.
Yes - sometime (or as a matter of practice by craigslist) they chose to not to accept e-mail. I guess you can write them and ask them, but, only if you can find a web-based form because I have the feeling they will keep denying your e-mail. You can always try again, they may clear it every month, or, it was a fluke. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.