Full Version: i need a picture of an oem(only) se front valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
asdf. thanks.

k
Bleyseng
opposite view
rhodyguy
interesting. i had never seen those round support/backing pieces pictured. thanks.

k
davep
That is just part of the fiberglass. The whole thing is nice and thick with reinforcing beads as part of it. There are two brackets from the bottom of the spoiler to the caps of the A arms.
sixnotfour
taken off a 1976 2.0 owned since 1978,
factory ? 1/8abs type plastic , no bracses on car
Bleyseng
I had a OEM LE spoiler on my car when I got it. Had the metal brackets too.

I lowed the front to make the car level as the rear had sunk so when I went over a speed bump too fast the spoiler exploded into 20 pieces..Boy I was really mad as I knew it was a real one back then. I remembered that you could buy them from the Dealer to install on your car.
Trekkor
I'm just about ready to butcher another LE spoiler in my quest for more speed and brake/oil cooling.

I want a rigid flat splitter and huge air duct openings.

hijacked.gif

KT
sixnotfour
pelican had some good deals on big spoilers ,air ducted ,with cooler opening, only 39.00

Oh wait I bought it ,hehehe
Bleyseng
if its a real one, thats a shame.

if its a knock off, go for it! and post a pic
Trekkor
It's a repro...I'll post some pics in a while.

KT
JeffBowlsby
taken off a 1976 2.0 owned since 1978,
factory ? 1/8abs type plastic , no bracses on car

Not factory. Aftermarket. The dealers carried that spoiler though...the ZPW code is their special language for aftermarket parts.
morph
all of the factory ones was pressure injected. the two round points at one end was the injection point ,and the other side was the vents. they filled the two piece mold with a "shredded" glass material that was really fluffy then injected the resin that was white.it was a poor glass resin ratio that why yours shattered so easy geoff. i drove mine on to a friends yard and hit a water meter cap in the yard and mine cracked really bad.
james
Bleyseng
oh, I thought I was a total idiot sad.gif

now I feel better! mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.