Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust pipes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
Does anyone sell the stock configuration exhaust pipes? i don't need the heat exchangers and hat to try an cut off all the stainless steel housings. ar15.gif
i lke my Monza exhaust and haven't found a header to fit that style.

best to all

robin
mihai914
You have SS heat exchangers and tried to cut them up!

Any way you can probably find some old heat exchagers that were cut up and only the pipes are remaining, I have a set like that and am sure many other people do. The exhaust pipes themselves are pretty thick and get very hot, so they last almost forever.
PORobinSCHE
Sorry about the spelling and grammer mistakes. i have SS exchangers and DO NOT want to cut them.
wub.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(PORobinSCHE @ Oct 14 2006, 12:24 PM) *

Does anyone sell the stock configuration exhaust pipes? i don't need the heat exchangers and hat to try an cut off all the stainless steel housings. ar15.gif
i lke my Monza exhaust and haven't found a header to fit that style.

best to all

robin

the reason you cannot find a header in that config. is that nobody makes one due to it not being a good design compared to one that merges all 4 pipes into one.

if you want some better performance, get a "real" header and a "real" muffler

JPB
Can't get a Bursch to fit your pipes bro? PP sells them all day long I thought for the 1.8 &2L jobs. They have the thrrrrrrrrrroaty sound that makes girlies squeel.

beer.gif agree.gif or get headers.
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 14 2006, 02:12 PM) *

Can't get a Bursch to fit your pipes bro? PP sells them all day long I thought for the 1.8 &2L jobs. They have the thrrrrrrrrrroaty sound that makes girlies squeel.

beer.gif agree.gif or get headers.

Headers would be nice but... who makes 'em for a reasonable cost?
Aaron Cox
kerry hunter is about 5-600 bucks
eurorace/george narbel is about 700
CFR / Tangerine -1200
JPB
Sell your SS pipes and get some spending money. If you ceramic any setup which can rust, it will be protected for as long as you own a 914. I got my Kerry Hunters for $150 at a swop. They are no longer as popular since Tangerine is being pumped out as the shizzit. I think they are good because of the extractor muffler in the system not the pipes themselves. Get a good cone extractor muffler and you are set for pipes and getting the exhaust out efficiently.

beer.gif Ballanced pipes are just ballanced pipes in the end but the extractor pulls the gases out with a vortex effect. I'd like to put a turbo at the end of my headers and run a small exhaust pipe straight back from there. Cool!
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 14 2006, 06:40 PM) *

Sell your SS pipes and get some spending money. If you ceramic any setup which can rust, it will be protected for as long as you own a 914. I got my Kerry Hunters for $150 at a swop. They are no longer as popular since Tangerine is being pumped out as the shizzit. I think they are good because of the extractor muffler in the system not the pipes themselves. Get a good cone extractor muffler and you are set for pipes and getting the exhaust out efficiently.

beer.gif Ballanced pipes are just ballanced pipes in the end but the extractor pulls the gases out with a vortex effect. I'd like to put a turbo at the end of my headers and run a small exhaust pipe straight back from there. Cool!

i'd plan on selling my existing pipes, but i like to have an exhuast on the car before i sell the old....kinda funny about waiting and hoping.
JPB
I hear you bro. I kinda wished I had a second teener to drive while this one gets the old skin painted.

beer.gif Being out of a 914 is like being out of rubbers on the hottest date of the year. sad.gif
PORobinSCHE
i just got a PM offering me bare 2.0L pipes a good price. what is the difference between 1.7L & 2.0 (besides 0.3)... alfred.gif
mihai914
The 2.0 pipes have a larger diameter than the 1.7 ones. The stainless ones you have apparently are even larger than the 2.0 since the tubes have a thinner wall. So all in all you won't gain anything power wise. Also check if your current setup is the 2.0 or 1.7 style, i.e do the pipes at the end of the exchangers go straight (2.0) or do they bend upwards (1.7 & 1.8) since these setups require different mufflers.
PORobinSCHE
Mihai, thanks for the info. i am not worried about h/p gains at this time. mainly just wanting to get rid of all the heat exchanger stuff. i have no need for any heating equiptment. if it's too cold, i'll drive the 944,Durango, or Mrs. J's Avalanche. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.